064 stihl cylinder fixable?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He bought it off of Craigslist a long time ago. He has never had any work done to it since he's had it. He's a no maintenance kind of guy. Use it very hard if it brakes buy a new one.

He bought it off of Craigslist a long time ago. He has never had any work done to it since he's had it. He's a no maintenance kind of guy. Use it very hard if it brakes buy a new one.
What's that deer you got for a avatar score?
160?

6203 is the size for 1122 stihl and 385/390/395 huskies
Thought so... never see the bigger Huskies so this is all new for me.
It must work... as long as the oil pump is in the right position, everything else should line up correctly on the pto side, right?

Must be other guys trying this. Although the cost has gotta be close now since they're both proprietary. Difference being you can get AM seals for Stihl's design. Not sure about Husky's.

It is replaceable, just like a 346XP. It's really no different in design than the Stihl bearing, in that the seal presses into the outer race.

The difference between the two proprietary bearings is that the inner part of the seal ...for the husky, seals against the outer portion of the inner race. for the stihl, the rubber seal goes against the crank

for the husky part, the inner race is... wider... than the stihl. for the reason outlined above.

technically these bearings are slightly wider overall than the 6203's. the OD is the same, 40mm, and the ID is the same 17mm, but the overall thickness/width of the bearing is 13mm vs the 6203 12 mm.... I think. these bearings have been a pet peeve of mine for a while.

I much prefer the husky 394 /395 setup that has identical 6203's and identical seals for each side. vs on the 385xp 390xp 064 , this proprietary bearing is on the PTO side, I believe the flywheel side has a regular 6203 and a regular seal....

here is my AS thread on it....

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/385xp-bearings-alternatives.267971/#post-5077731

and so far, I have not found an alternative to the husky part (no aftermarket support).... though, it sure seems like....after seeing this, I could throw an am 660 bearing and seal in a 390xp... why not?

intriguing thread :)

It is replaceable, just like a 346XP. It's really no different in design than the Stihl bearing, in that the seal presses into the outer race.

so the seal presses into the outer race, and has a regular rubber and spring seal against the inner race? i've held one in my hand but not taken the seal out... I should do that if I can find my old bearing.... thanks Brad

Latest posts

Back