066 Felling spikes on 046

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin Garrison

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the large dual 066 felling spikes will fit on a 046m. Also some genius is selling two brand new Stihl ms880s on ebay for $800 with no reserve. He spelled Stihl wrong so not that many people will see them!
Ms880sMS880s

Last edited:
Justin, I think they'll work on the 044 but not the 046. Something about different lengths between the dog mounts and bar studs. Perhaps JJ can expand on this one. Take it easy. John

You might be looking at the same ones I am. The inside dawg, P/N 1122 664 0506 will fit the 046, and the outside dawg, P/N 1122 664 0501 on the 066 looks awfully similar to 1128 664 0501 on the 046. There's three or four different outside dawgs for the 066, depending one which model you get. Only the 0501 is similar to the 0501 on the 046. You may have to grind a little bit, but I bet you could get it to work. I just put a dawg from an 056 on my 361. Looks good I think.

Take care all,
Jeff

Here's the answer I got to a question I asked the guy selling the 088. Sure seems like a crook.
<blockquote>
You asked:
"Hello. Will you take a credit card? Would you consider using escrow?"

CASHIERS CHECKS, MONEY ORDERS OR BANK WIRE ONLY. THANKS FOR INTEREST.</blockquote>

Why does he seem like a crook? I, too, don't have the means to process credit cards and escrow is a pain in the a$$. I agree with him on the certified methods of payment.
Seems like you are passing judgement to call him a 'crook'.

njforestfire said:
Why does he seem like a crook? I, too, don't have the means to process credit cards and escrow is a pain in the a$$. I agree with him on the certified methods of payment.
Seems like you are passing judgement to call him a 'crook'.
He has no feedback and he'll only take cash. I didn't call him a crook--I said he appears that way. By not accepting escrow, even if I pay for it, or credit cards, he's effectively limiting your guarantee of getting the saw. You can give someone with no feedback rating $800 cash on the trust he'll do what he says, I'm not going to. Anyone can process credit cards. Go to bidpay.com, they'll process your card for you, and send a money order. Not having a credit card account is no excuse. And, just to note, any auction over a few hundred dollars that will only accept cash is ALWAYS suspect.

Well maybe he is an innocent naive new ebay user. He spelled stihl wrong for gods sakes. If he is a crook they are probably the same saw.

the dogs will fit on the saw but they are different lenghts the inside will stick out about an inch farther than the out side

spacemule said:
He has no feedback and he'll only take cash. I didn't call him a crook--I said he appears that way. By not accepting escrow, even if I pay for it, or credit cards, he's effectively limiting your guarantee of getting the saw. You can give someone with no feedback rating $800 cash on the trust he'll do what he says, I'm not going to. Anyone can process credit cards. Go to bidpay.com, they'll process your card for you, and send a money order. Not having a credit card account is no excuse. And, just to note, any auction over a few hundred dollars that will only accept cash is ALWAYS suspect.

I concur with the Spacemule - I would not send cash to some with no feedback who wants to deal in cash. The distances involved make it too easy to get burned...

Back