084 Differences and Info

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres my old clunker. Not a beauty by any means. Had to do a little work to her to get the bar to mount up(used to pull it with an 066), but now I can use all my standard mount bars on the 84 which will be kinda convenient.

084a.jpg

It's my turn to snipe a sale. LINK Can't beat a deal like that. It was listed oddly as a Stihl084 with no space. $427 to my door. I need a bar too. Yes, I am now the official 084 horder:D I'll be picking my other two up tonight.

Nice saw and bar. What's involved to mod the 084 to use the smaller mount bars?
I had an extra set of bar studs, so I chucked them up in a lathe and turned em down to fit the smaller mount. After that its a matter of drilling 4 holes and depending on the bar and what drive gear you run you have to cut the slot in the bar deeper, and possibly cut the tail a bit if you run a big gear. I got about 2 hours in 4 bars, most of the time went to setting up studs to turn in the lathe.

Last edited:
I had an extra set of bar studs, so I chucked them up in a lathe and turned em down to fit the smaller mount. After that its a matter of drilling 4 holes and depending on the bar and what drive gear you run you have to cut the slot in the bar deeper, and possibly cut the tail a bit if you run a big gear. I got about 2 hours in 4 bars, most of the time went to setting up studs to turn in the lathe.

Must be nice having the right equipment for the job at hand. :cheers:

I got a 84 cylinder here that you may have to try and build a mandrel for.
To cut the top off and try and make a head for down the road. :D
I'll show you why when I drop by sometime.

Last edited:
Must be nice having the right equipment for the job at hand. :cheers:

I got a 84 cylinder here that you may have to try and build a mandrel for.
To cut the top off and try and make a head for down the road. :D
I show you why when I drop by sometime.

Already made a mandrel, and am thinking about cutting one of my extras. Got some aluminum stock on the way for the 460 cyl.

Just 5 short days ago........ you got it bad. :laugh:

I'm not stingy or selfish or anything but.......................you guys both have 084s and I don't:cry: That means I get first dibs on everything, right? LMAO

(oh and I think its safe to say I get dibbs now) :laugh:

I need a clutch cover like this one.

241490443-S.jpg

You don't have a spare do ya?

Mine has the cutout for the full wrap.

Back