084 Differences and Info

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TwinTurboRam

TwinTurboRam

ArboristSite Member
Heres my old clunker. Not a beauty by any means. Had to do a little work to her to get the bar to mount up(used to pull it with an 066), but now I can use all my standard mount bars on the 84 which will be kinda convenient.

084a.jpg

TwinTurboRam

TwinTurboRam

ArboristSite Member
Nice saw and bar. What's involved to mod the 084 to use the smaller mount bars?
I had an extra set of bar studs, so I chucked them up in a lathe and turned em down to fit the smaller mount. After that its a matter of drilling 4 holes and depending on the bar and what drive gear you run you have to cut the slot in the bar deeper, and possibly cut the tail a bit if you run a big gear. I got about 2 hours in 4 bars, most of the time went to setting up studs to turn in the lathe.

Last edited:
Cut4fun

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
I had an extra set of bar studs, so I chucked them up in a lathe and turned em down to fit the smaller mount. After that its a matter of drilling 4 holes and depending on the bar and what drive gear you run you have to cut the slot in the bar deeper, and possibly cut the tail a bit if you run a big gear. I got about 2 hours in 4 bars, most of the time went to setting up studs to turn in the lathe.

Must be nice having the right equipment for the job at hand. :cheers:

I got a 84 cylinder here that you may have to try and build a mandrel for.
To cut the top off and try and make a head for down the road. :D
I'll show you why when I drop by sometime.

Last edited:
TwinTurboRam

TwinTurboRam

ArboristSite Member
Must be nice having the right equipment for the job at hand. :cheers:

I got a 84 cylinder here that you may have to try and build a mandrel for.
To cut the top off and try and make a head for down the road. :D
I show you why when I drop by sometime.

Already made a mandrel, and am thinking about cutting one of my extras. Got some aluminum stock on the way for the 460 cyl.

Latest posts