16:1 and Im havin fun.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaisedByWolves

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I thought I would start a thread for all the Old 2stroke fans we have here, similar to the "saw pics to start theweekend thread" dedicated to older saws that had mix ratios in the lower percentages.

So break out your old saws (or what ever you have) and shoot some pics showing your antiques!

Ill kick this off with the oldest Homelite I have ever seen, its so old it was made Before Homelite (or anyone else for that matter) even thought of mass producing Chainsaws. Im told this is late 30's but I cant verify this yet.

Homelite was origonally called "The Home lighting company" and made small DC light plants for rural homes and farms so they could have indoor lighting.

attachment.php

attachment.php

This baby still starts on the first pull and makes power all day (night?) long on a tank of gas. It has to have one of the worlds simplest carburettors as there is no butterfly and only one circut and the intake is of the split crank style.

Notice it dosent make much smoke running at 16:1? Its running on modern oils so there is little visable smoke even at this ratio.

Now this is what a 2smoke running 16:1 should look like.

This is a "53" Jacobsen reel mower. One of the first powered mowers that you could actually ride on. I bought this off of the gentleman who was the first person to use it cutting the grass of our local church. He told me he felt like he was stealing from the church when using this because it was so easy to cut the grass with it.

Before this he was using a 16" reel mower with only one speed witch had him allmost running to keep up with it. This model has a 28" cut.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Pretty nice Mushroom cloud Eh?:clap:

This is running at 16:1 using straight 30wt oil and is moving along at about 10-12 mph. If it looks uncomfortable or like Im fighting for control, its due to the fact that it feels like your balanced on the head of a pin while operating it.

Last edited:
Back