1990 AWD Eagle Talon Race Car Images

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talon1189

"Da Smiley King"
Reaction score
DSCN4776.jpg
Welp.........here are 3 images of my '90 Talon AWD race car images. I bought the car brand new in August 1989........The body has 58,000 original miles on the body :clap: I just had the long block and transmission freshly rebuilt 2 months ago by well known professionals in Ohio........The car at release was dynoed at 624 wheel horsepower and 559 pound feet of torque out of a 2.0 litre 4 banger..........I had the car built for high 9's in the quarter mile :clap: I have had the car at the dragstrip 2 times before.......and went home both times with minor "bugs" that cost me a real first run with problems. My car will be up and ready to go to the dragstrip for a Test and Tune for October the 27th.......and I expect nothing less than 10.50 for my real first time out if the "bugs" are out......... LOL! I will post a few more images in a few days :clap: This car is my wife.........cuz........I cannot afford both at the same time.......LOL!
IMG_3230_600x400-vi.jpg
IMG_3228_600x400-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Looks real fine there mon! Do a wee smoke show fer us mate! (ya break 10 secs yet witout breakin' stuff yet?)

MORE PICS! you're just teasin' us, I can tell :p

:cheers: (looks ta be wayyyyyy fun!)

Serge (Please come and visit us up here when the snow starts :D No bs, you gots da couch)

Is that car related to the Plymouth Laser?
Daayuum you are sharp Space :clap: ...... back in the early 90's ....... The Eclipse...... Talon .......and Laser were the same basically......... a few body exterior changes were the only differences...........the same turbocharged drivetrains were offered :cheers:

Nice kitty-cat there Talon, hope ya put a wee helmet on him when you strap him in fer racing :D (I hear they are darned fast shiftin' gears)

:jester:

:cheers:

Last edited:
WOW!

Sweet car talon. I love seeing those cars leave the line at 6K and not spin, man what a rush.

It's also nice to see a car built right too!!! I would hate to meet you at a stoplight in my Camaro:cry: :cry:

Very nice setup! Back a few years ago when we raced on Telegraph, Grand River (in Detroit, east of Telegraph), Outer Dr. (Detroit/Dearborn), and in the straight-up 'hood with the guys who trailered their cars in, there were some surprisingly fast AWD Talons. The ability to put power to the ground with 4 wheels instead of 2 seems to help a lot!

We also used to race on the service roads just inside the fences at Willow Run airport, back pre-9/11 when you could drive your cars onto the airport property without raising eyebrows. Heck, we actually raced on the darned runways a few times, though that did raise concern pretty quickly...

Latest posts

Back