1990 AWD Eagle Talon Race Car Images

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:jawdrop: 8500???? :jawdrop: WOW! (scatter-shields?)

Wild mon, Imma comin' ta visit, we needs a 6pak or 3 and yer neighbor's plates :D

(me like!)
Just don't forget da whiskey
icon_ale.gif
I installed a stainless steel scattershield last month....as well as a chrome moly flywheel. I don't want a saw blade coming though my floor board...
violent-smiley-019.gif
It is required per NHRA rules. The car goes down to Ohio on the 20th to get a 8 point chrome moly roll cage (good for 9.50's and slower) installed........after all......I don't wanna get killed...
2103.gif
without the proper safety equipment....
2velo.gif
490.gif

Last edited:
Finally dared to check this thread out (dial-up @ home = no-go)

While I'm more into old-school V8 muscle, that is one sweet hotrod there Talon. :clap:

:cheers: to you!

Finally dared to check this thread out (dial-up @ home = no-go)

While I'm more into old-school V8 muscle, that is one sweet hotrod there Talon. :clap:

:cheers: to you!
No problem XJWoody.......My 1st car was a 428 Cobra Jet '69 Mustang when I was 16 years old....I learned how to drive a clutch for the first time on the way home.....:dizzy: ... I learned how to wrench on cars real fast with that one.... LOL! Now......I love turbocharged cars ....
animated008.gif

Welp.......I got the word today that my '90 AWD Talon will be done and ready for pickup at the end of this week for getting an 8 point chrome moly roll cage installed ....
1963_headbanger_playing_an_electric.gif
The dragstrip here in Michigan is open until the 2nd of December........Should I go there and run my very first 10 second time ticket before the track closes? Temperatures are expected to be in the mid 30's at best :givebeer: Great for a turbocharged car of my stature.....but....will my DOT slicks really hook up on my AWD car? There is NOOOO burnouts in da water box with an AWD........Hmmmm.....Decisions will have to be made within the next few days ....
animated046.gif

Last edited:
Welp......I got my Talon race car back yesterday.....Here are a few images of the 8 point chrome moly roll cage that I had custom made and installed.......the cage is legal for 9.50 et's and slower. I kept my full interior to keep the car nice. The cage was powder coated to keep it looking extra nice .... If I happen to hit the cement barrier at 135 MPH and get killed..
2103.gif
..I will be happy that I had the proper safety equipment
can0-160x60.gif

490.gif
IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

Last edited:
That looks really bad. You should sell me that car so you don't have to look at it. Nice car makes me want another one real bad.

Scott

Cool!!

Welp Talon, that should keep enough of you together for a DNA cloning :D (GAH!!)
Now, about that 6pt harness (jk, jk)
Looks like they did an awesome job for you man, can't wait ta see all the 'parts & pieces' pics :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

:cheers: :cheers: :clap: :clap: (we await the low 9's :) )

Serge

Welp Talon, that should keep enough of you together for a DNA cloning :D (GAH!!)
Now, about that 6pt harness (jk, jk)
Looks like they did an awesome job for you man, can't wait ta see all the 'parts & pieces' pics

:cheers: :cheers: :clap: :clap: (we await the low 9's :) )

Serge
Not sure what you mean Serge.......LOL! I have 12 different pictures of this 8 point cage that I took today.......I only posted 3 because on this site and it's recent problems with speed........just trying to help here...If anyone would like to see more.....send me your email address...I am kinda upset tonight.......as my engine builder and tuner is so jealous of this cage because I only paid $1,500 bucks out the door......he is paying $2,800 for less.......and his chassis guy does not even powder coat them like my man did :cry: It cost big bucks to have a shop take out your interior.....measure up all the bars.....take them out....get them powder coated.....then put them back in.....weld them up.....then put the interior back in and make it look pretty....LOL! Buschur is the biggest and most well known man in the world for a fact with this type of car and motor. He just sent me hate mail..........He will get over it.......I have known him for over 15 years.........Jealousy and real life millionaires do not go together
2166_shocked.gif

Last edited:
Hey talon--since you've got those pictures hosted on photo bucket, they shouldn't make any difference in asite's speed.

One more image that I found from working on the car from October at the drag strip Summit Raceway Park in Norwalk, Ohio ...I was hoping for my very 1st 10 second time ticket....Problems caused me to come up short on this day http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f197/fat_kid_racing/15th dsm shootout/DSCN4776.jpg

Very low 10's are the real world for my car.......not too bad for a 2.0 litre 4 cylinder turbo car @ 3,200 pounds ......LOL!

Last edited:
Those DSMs are decent cars. I had a chance at I think it was a 1993 Eclipse GSX, with a 16G ported and trimmed turbo, big down pipe, rims, and lots of other goodies including a brand new Stage 3 6 puck racing flywheel.

Ran but needed some tuning due to the NEW turbo, also needed paint and probably some fresh 93, as it has been sitting for 3 years!

He was asking 2500 for it.:censored: :censored:

I passed, the Center Diff is kinda expensive and I drive my Vette hard so ID be tempted to drop the clutch at 5K+...which would destroy the Center diff.:buttkick:

Instead Ive opted to finish an old project...1990 Volvo 740 GL Turbo. New turbo, new interior, runs like NEW. But needs paint and lights on all 4 corners.

BOOST??? Yeah we got that.:rock: :rock:

I passed, the Center Diff is kinda expensive and I drive my Vette hard so ID be tempted to drop the clutch at 5K+...which would destroy the Center diff.:buttkick:

Instead .:rock: :rock:

My friends made the first "4 spider" diff for the . But a decent machinist can make one cheap. I had a buddy of mine make one for me. It was $75. It's very hard to break a 4 spider diff.

Scott

Start your own thread if you want to talk about this kinda crap..This is my thread.......Thank You!

Man chill out a little no harm meant. It was relavent to what he said about weak diffs and being expensive. Sorry if it made you mad but it's nothing to get pissy about.

Scott

I have a welded center differential...... 4 spiders diffs will not handle 600+ horsepower and over 500 pound feet of torque from what many people tell me. You weld them and forget it.

One more image that I found from working on the car from October at the drag strip Summit Raceway Park in Norwalk, Ohio ...I was hoping for my very 1st 10 second time ticket....Problems caused me to come up short on this day http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f197/fat_kid_racing/15th dsm shootout/DSCN4776.jpg

Very low 10's are the real world for my car.......not too bad for a 2.0 litre 4 cylinder turbo car @ 3,200 pounds ......LOL!

LOL I have that very same jack,,,, they work good on small stuff!!!! neat ride!!!!

Latest posts

Back