1990 AWD Eagle Talon Race Car Images

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a plain jain mustang or 4..... :hmm3grin2orange:

Seems as though I need a new block. I guess too much blower is bad for a stock block......lol
Blowers are cool :bowdown: I am running 36-38 psi of boost with a ball bearing turbo..........my block has been O-Ringed to withstand the pressure complete with Crower rods.........:hmm3grin2orange: the should car will scoot bigtime once I get my aluminum driveshaft next week.......plus other goddies........NO NITROUS allowed here of course...........that is cheating..........ain't it?? :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Here are a few pictures of the my Quarter Master twin disc clutch that I installed last week......it cost $1,100 bucks and is rated for 900 horsepower and 750 + pound feet of torque. It is brass on stainless steel + a chrom moly flywheel. Each piece can be bought separately when it wears out. It should last me between 50-75 ..... 6,500 RPM AWD launches before it will need to be rebuilt again
1.gif
IMG_0279.jpg
IMG_0280.jpg
IMG_0283.jpg

Ooooooooooooooo cool stuff there Talon! Outta the curious part in me what have you done for the cv's and front drive shafts? Just wondering, they can't be stock too, can they?

:cheers:

Serge (waitin' for a pic or three of a nice 4wheel smoke show!)

Ooooooooooooooo cool stuff there Talon! Outta the curious part in me what have you done for the cv's and front drive shafts? Just wondering, they can't be stock too, can they?

:cheers:

Serge (waitin' for a pic or three of a nice 4wheel smoke show!)
My axles, and CV's are stock.......they will handle the abuse for awhile........there are upgraded ones available......but I am a little over extended on my budget....LOL! .....
2hanged.gif
No smokey 4 wheel burnouts with AWD........in fact.....we just drive right around the water box with DOT street slicks....no need to heat them up.......just launch and Gooooooooo :clap:

That is a pretty cool clutch setup. I know all about being over budget!!!!

I need to sell off a couple to get my two keepers finished the way I want them.

Nice car I love Talons. I used to race them back in he day when 12's and 11's were fast. I have had a few GVR4 Galants also. I did a lot of work on DSMs out of my garage. I was basically the DSM guy to go to in St. Louis. That was when you could get paid good to work on them. People were afraid to touch them. Funny thing is they are a very simple car to work on. You have one of the nicest I have seen in a while. Makes me wish I still had a couple of the dozen or so that I have owned. Who in Ohio did the engine Bushur or Shep. Who did you have have do the tranny.

Scott

Nice car I love Talons. I used to race them back in he day when 12's and 11's were fast. I have had a few GVR4 Galants also. I did a lot of work on DSMs out of my garage. I was basically the DSM guy to go to in St. Louis. That was when you could get paid good to work on them. People were afraid to touch them. Funny thing is they are a very simple car to work on. You have one of the nicest I have seen in a while. Makes me wish I still had a couple of the dozen or so that I have owned. Who in Ohio did the engine Bushur or Shep. Who did you have have do the tranny.

Scott
My Talon has been sitting in my covered garage for 5 whole years due to money issues........this year I had a spare few thousand dollars so I took the car to Buschur and had him do my long block.......I also farmed out my transmission to Shephard........I have known both men for 15+ years. I am a mechanic and built my own short block and ran 11's back before storage. I have worked on my car again tonight.........and have a few things to do tomorrow...........I am hitting the dragstrip Saturday the 27th at Noon for a Test and Tune....I must run 116 octane fuel in the car only...at a cost of $13.00 a gallon cough.......cough...cough.. :dizzy: .I am praying that all the "bugs" are removed now :cheers: I will take a few more images of my Talon Thursday........and will post them here in this thread in the evening :clap:

WAAAAAY COOL!

13 per gallon. ouch! How many gallons per pass?

Looking forward to more pictures, ok impatiently waiting :hmm3grin2orange:

WAAAAAY COOL!

13 per gallon. ouch! How many gallons per pass?

Looking forward to more pictures, ok impatiently waiting :hmm3grin2orange:
Not much with a 4 popper
icon_cry2.gif
.......ask me again Saturday evening.......I bought a 5 gallon can two months ago and still have about a gallon left in the can........hopefully that will be enough...
2inv.gif
The high octane gas is just cheap insurance from hand gernading my new very expensive long block
2food-smiley-018.gif
At levels of 36-38 pounds of turbo charged boost levels.........I have to wire the oil dipstick with a clothes hanger........or it will spit the dipstick right outta its tube holder along with an oiley after puke.........piston ring blowby is very real at these levels even with a freshly built short block
1.gif

Not much[gas usage] with a 4 popper LOL, and I have a bridge to sell you. :laugh: When pushing those numbers and that kind of boost, Me thinks it uses more than a gallon per pass, but then again I might be wrong.

Any ways this is very interesting to read, and am looking for more pictures.
Good luck this weekend!

And yes I can understand the cheap[LOL] insurance of the 116 octane fuel. 13 a gallon vs thousands to replace what you have, thats a hands down no brainer.

Not much[gas usage] with a 4 popper LOL, and I have a bridge to sell you. :laugh: When pushing those numbers and that kind of boost, Me thinks it uses more than a gallon per pass, but then again I might be wrong.

Any ways this is very interesting to read, and am looking for more pictures.
Good luck this weekend!

And yes I can understand the cheap[LOL] insurance of the 116 octane fuel. 13 a gallon vs thousands to replace what you have, thats a hands down no brainer.
Naaaaaa.......the motor is fuel injected with "4" .... 1200 CC injectors..........you are thinking "old school" back when your brother had his Nova with a gas guzzling carburetor...........Hahaha........Like I said before........I am clueless on gallons per run
2tanksmile.gif
I have not had a real serious pass with the car yet...........BUT.......this weekend will be different........BUT.......then again.......I prolly will get thrown out because I have NO rollcage for running any times less than 11.99 which are the rules
icon_ak47a.gif
I was born a "Black Sheep" in da family.......and will die a black sheep cuz it is fun to be defiant ........
shrk.gif
I will post my times if they are respectable.....
icon_Kool.gif
Sooooooooo stay tuned

Last edited:
Welp..............unfortunately.......my dragstrip dream for today got rained out :( Soooooo everything is happening next weekend (November 3rd) ............ Dammit...........our dragstrip here closes on the 10th........stay tuned as I will post a few more images here before then :clap:

That car didn't sip gas through the carb, [or carbs] that was for sure. It seemed more like just open a 5 gallon can and pour while it was going any where fast. 5 gallons did not last long thats for sure, but the smile factor was priceless.

H3ll my 69 mustang drank gas and was fun, but NOTHING like that Nova, or his 70 454 Chevelle SS

THE GOOD OLD DAYS! Oh the sweet smell of 100 octane and around a buck a gallon:jawdrop:

That car didn't sip gas through the carb, [or carbs] that was for sure. It seemed more like just open a 5 gallon can and pour while it was going any where fast. 5 gallons did not last long thats for sure, but the smile factor was priceless.

H3ll my 69 mustang drank gas and was fun, but NOTHING like that Nova, or his 70 454 Chevelle SS

THE GOOD OLD DAYS! Oh the sweet smell of 100 octane and around a buck a gallon:jawdrop:
Yup..........I remember those days Scooter..........My very first car was a 428 Cobra Jet 1969 Mustang with tri-power and solid lifters and cam from a 427 motor........I was only 16 and my mother tried to get the guy down on the price from the $1,200 asking price and he would not move on it........LOL! I was working and could afford the maintenance mostly.....but could not afford the cost of the car up front :popcorn: I learned how to wrench on cars real quick with that sucker..........those were the days thou.....and I had the quickest car in the high school back then..........don't get me started as this is getting off topic...........Hehehehe

Good old days

Yup remember that stuff way to well. To bring this back on topic, well sort of anyways, Imagine that car,[mustang, nova what ever] or any other 60's or 70's muscle cars with today's technology[your Talon] back then, real scary fast and back then there were JUST real fast. Bad tires, suspensions etc, I don't know how I lived through it.

Naaaaaa.......the motor is fuel injected with "4" .... 1200 CC injectors..........you are thinking "old school" back when your brother had his Nova with a gas guzzling carburetor...........Hahaha........Like I said before........I am clueless on gallons per run
2tanksmile.gif
I have not had a real serious pass with the car yet...........BUT.......this weekend will be different........BUT.......then again.......I prolly will get thrown out because I have NO rollcage for running any times less than 11.99 which are the rules
icon_ak47a.gif
I was born a "Black Sheep" in da family.......and will die a black sheep cuz it is fun to be defiant ........
shrk.gif
I will post my times if they are respectable.....
icon_Kool.gif
Sooooooooo stay tuned

attachment.php

Talon mine was a gas to drive, it almost made you laugh...........:laugh: :laugh:

Yup remember that stuff way to well. To bring this back on topic, well sort of anyways, Imagine that car,[mustang, nova what ever] or any other 60's or 70's muscle cars with today's technology[your Talon] back then, real scary fast and back then there were JUST real fast. Bad tires, suspensions etc, I don't know how I lived through it.

Not to be taken the wrong way........Scooter........I am 48 years old.......I loved those days........and have lived those days :rockn: You are bringing me back to technology that is so different now.........4 cylinder cars are just touching the high 7 second barrier now and a very few are going 200 MPH in a quarter mile now :rock: That was laughed at.......maybe 3-5 years ago....but today.......Turbocharged technology has EXPLODED in the last 5+ years............I am simply amazed at all the times with what little 4 and 6 cylinder cars are capable today...........my own car is really nothing compared to the high dollar imports running today. I have personally witnessed 4 different high "8" second 4 cylinders at a meet 2 weeks ago. The meet was small............there are much faster monsters out there........trust me.........my goal is to run a high 9 second time ticket with my car.............many bugs are keeping me from this plus the track will be closing within 2 weeks from this post..............My goal will be reached.....but unfortunately.........the 9 second ticket will be some time next spring :( For right now...........10.90 or better will light my fire for the end of this racing season :rock:

Last edited:
Welp........today after much thinking......I have decided to lighten my AWD Talon more geared toward a race only car......My car weighs 3,300 pounds with me in. I can lose about 200+ pounds with out many problems :cheers: I bought a carbon fiber trunk lid....and will be installing Lexan.......the stock trunk lids with glass are extremely heavy.....I will lose 35 pounds with this update......guess that it is time to take out the passenger seat.....40 pounds.....and backseat and seat belts......another 35 pounds......My Talon still has working air conditioning (R-12) remember that? The compressor and bull crap is another 50 pounds........I can cut the metal out of the rear bumper and save another 20 pounds........Hmmmmmm......I could go with a fuel cell and get rid of the factory fuel tank.....about another 25+ pound saving..........I weigh 210.......if I quit drinking.......that could save another 15 pounds
icon_ale.gif
NAAAAAaaaaaaaaa.....I don't wanna go that fast.......
icon_cry2.gif

Last edited:
Welp........today after much thinking......I have decided to lighten my AWD Talon more geared toward a race only car......My car weighs 3,300 pounds with me in. I can lose about 200+ pounds with out many problems :cheers: I bought a carbon fiber trunk lid....and will be installing Lexan.......the stock trunk lids with glass are extremely heavy.....I will lose 35 pounds with this update......guess that it is time to take out the passenger seat.....40 pounds.....and backseat and seat belts......another 35 pounds......My Talon still has working air conditioning (R-12) remember that? The compressor and bull crap is another 50 pounds........I can cut the metal out of the rear bumper and save another 20 pounds........Hmmmmmm......I could go with a fuel cell and get rid of the factory fuel tank.....about another 25+ pound saving..........I weigh 210.......if I quit drinking.......that could save another 15 pounds
icon_ale.gif
NAAAAAaaaaaaaaa.....I don't wanna go that fast.......
icon_cry2.gif

Don't do it bro!!! Keep yer head on yer shoulders where it belongs man! :greenchainsaw:

:) (dang, no low 9's this year eh, would still love a pic of yer puppy spittin' some 4 wheel smoke on yer way to da local pop-shop :D )

:cheers: mon!

Serge

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back