2-cycle oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An honest answer

No. All the manufacturers would have you beleive that their oil is superior to all others, this cannot be true, they can't ALL be the best. Any name brand oil and most of the off brands will keep your equipment alive even at 50:1. Many here have switched to Mobil MX2T and sing it's praises. If the Husqvarna dealer is closer than the Stihl dealer and you like going there then run Husky oil in your Stihl, you won't rip a hole in the time-space continuum.

im not trying to instigate any thing im new at this and i want my equipent to last.sorry

Stihl oil could be made by any number of manufacturers depending upon where you live. It is made to meet their specs, but may be different in composition depending upon who made it eg Esso in Canada, Mobil in the eastern USA, Exxon in the west.

Ohio, doing a search will net you more infothan you probably want. There are 3 major groups on the site with lots of people wandering around on their own and migrating back and forth.

1. Use the manufacurer's oil at the recommended ratio.

2. The makers oils are okay but synthetic oils at 32/1 ratio will give maximum life.

3. Use anything. It all works as long as you don't forget to put it in the gas.

Most of the number 2 group seem to believe that Echo's Premium 2-cycle is the best of the manufacturors oils and a close second to full synthetic Mobil mx2t (the most popular synthy on site).

Speaking for myself, I established to my own satisfaction that any 2 stroke oil will work at 32/1 by using whatever I could buy cheap for a decade and having NO oil related problems and excellent saw life. The Synthetic camp converted me though-If mysaws will last even longer I'll be glad I switched-If not, oh well the stuff smells okay.:)

Unlike my predicesor I know all about oil.... Its slick,greasy and makes preaty blue smoke out of my high tech super sled, not to metion all os my saws. Only one problem..... no smoke, no noise :(
Oil is like anything, you get what you pay for. A littler more is cheep insurance. Stihl is fine to use just mix it a bit rich if you plan on making that saw work hard. Unlike most of the guys here, they just work there jaws in a frenzy and still can't type!.

Don't like that well too bad boys I'm here to stay. This place is only big enough for my ego now!

The Man BJ Walker
Wanna Race.....

I have come to appreciate Citgo air-cooled 2-stroke oil for the following reasons:

1) It meets JASO and ISO standards and says so on the bottle (it is a part "synthetic blend").

2) It comes in quart sizes instead of little high priced 6-packs.

3) That quart only costs about $2.25 at Farm & Fleet (Wis.)

4) Guys claim this is the SAME stuff as the very well respected Echo oil.

http://www.atthecreation.com/

u alrite with name brand oils mixed properly. but of course always use that high octane gas. sorry could not resist it.:) :) if u gonna be like hoppy ,u gotta feedit what hoppy eats.i know this will date most here. but take my advice an just dont show up. she smells like she wearing octane 93.

Back