2-man saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What color was the Titan model J.
I picked one up and it doesn't
have trace of paint on it.

was a little bit of gray left on the bottom of this one.

titanjand795027.jpg

titanjand795025.jpg

titanjand795022.jpg

titanjand795021.jpg

The serial# on mine is 1210
it is complete less the bar
seems to have good compression
on both lungs.

mweba and I spent the whole day today tearing the 5-49 down and putting it back together.

Got it to pop on a prime but I will definitely need a new carb diaphragm.

If anybody can be of any help, I sure would appreciate it.

Wendell,

If you contact "chrisbiker" a member here, he is able to remanufacture the diaphragms and be able to help you out. If you have trouble reaching him I can give you his phone if you PM me for it.

Brian

HELSEL,

Exceptionally COOL find on the old Titan!

You realize of course we don't believe you...'coz we don't see no pics!!!!
:msp_wink:

Brian

I'm working on another DA211.
This one will be different then the last one I did.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I got a little more cleaning to do on this.

attachment.php

I hope this looks good when I put it all back together.
Its not quite the green I wanted but I already started using it.

attachment.php

IGPOE speculates that the newer diaphragms do not work as well as the originals. He says that it is sometimes neccasary to keep the saw running with the primer till it gets going. I replaced the one in my 7-55, and it will pop on prime, then the primer hangs up, floods it out, and I gently place it back in the corner. Need to get motivated. We have 3 DA-211s now, 2 kb6s, Mall 7, and the Mac 7-55. I think the Mac could earn a place as a favorite if it would run long enough for me to make a cut by myself.

Good luck Wendell and Fraz!

And nice work Cliff!

IGPOE speculates that the newer diaphragms do not work as well as the originals. He says that it is sometimes neccasary to keep the saw running with the primer till it gets going. I replaced the one in my 7-55, and it will pop on prime, then the primer hangs up, floods it out, and I gently place it back in the corner. Need to get motivated. We have 3 DA-211s now, 2 kb6s, Mall 7, and the Mac 7-55. I think the Mac could earn a place as a favorite if it would run long enough for me to make a cut by myself.

Good luck Wendell and Fraz!

And nice work Cliff!
LP,
There's a dude coming to the HHF that has several old Mac two-mans running and cutting. (Chrisbiker) He is likely to put on a grand performance all by himself. He knows how to open-up and fix primers and makes his own diaphragms! Some seriously fast saws are coming from coastal Va. also. I don't think you 'uns wanna miss this years' episode.
Dean (Igpoe):cheers:

neet see you all at hhf in a week

LP,
There's a dude coming to the HHF that has several old Mac two-mans running and cutting. (Chrisbiker) He is likely to put on a grand performance all by himself. He knows how to open-up and fix primers and makes his own diaphragms! Some seriously fast saws are coming from coastal Va. also. I don't think you 'uns wanna miss this years' episode.
Dean (Igpoe):cheers:

neet see you all at hhf in a week

HELSEL,

Exceptionally COOL find on the old Titan!

You realize of course we don't believe you...'coz we don't see no pics!!!!
:msp_wink:

Brian

I will try to post some better
pictures soon Do ya believe
me now?

I'm working on another DA211.
This one will be different then the last one I did.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I got a little more cleaning to do on this.

attachment.php

I hope this looks good when I put it all back together.
Its not quite the green I wanted but I already started using it.

attachment.php
[/QUO Looking good Cliff great work anther Camel paint job cool :msp_wub:

Here is a bit of British two man machinery - a Danarm Mk 3 unit powered by a 250cc Villiers Mk25A engine. This saw is a shed find, and is complete. It came with 2 spare chains and should not take much work to get running again. The beauty of this machine is that it was found in a rural area a long way from the coast, so has been high and dry for many years.

Chris.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Cool looking saw Chris.:msp_thumbup:
Did they come with that yellow pin stripes on them?
Are going to restore this one or just get it running again?

Back