2 Stroke Oil (Cerma)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Stihl HP ….How much is the smallest bottle ? And what do u mix it at ?
What color is the bottle ? Thanks

Stihl HP is grey/silver. I don't remember the cost. The bottles I have, each make 50:1 when mixed with 2.5 gallons.

It's easy to get caught up in promotional hype but when it comes to our chainsaws, it's as the above post said. Just stick with name brand. I doubt the Super oils like AMSOIL Will give your Stihls any more life than Stihl, Husqvarna, or any o the name brand oil. If the truth were known, they probably come from the same refineries as some of the lesser known oils.

FD rated oil preferably synthetic. Name brand. Don't use universal 2 stroke oil as that is usually an outboard spec oil

It's easy to get caught up in promotional hype but when it comes to our chainsaws, it's as the above post said. Just stick with name brand. I doubt the Super oils like AMSOIL Will give your Stihls any more life than Stihl, Husqvarna, or any o the name brand oil. If the truth were known, they probably come from the same refineries as some of the lesser known oils.
i am told one company bottles all the oils ?.. but i always preferred mobile 1 , 2 stroke racing oil for all my oil burner needs , but its gone like a 59 caddy ...

I use the AMSoil Saber, at 40:1, no problems. But as several others have pointed out, it is just one of many oils that will work well at the proper ratio.

I ran Stihl oil at 50:1 in stock saws for years with no problems. High test fuel is supposed to be good because it reduces the operating temp.

Welcome to the forum. You can drive yourself crazy on the oil debate. I just use the Stihl HP and don't worry about it. I used the Stihl Orange bottle for 20 years and only switched because my dealer said the Orange would be phased out.

+1 Welcome, Bob. Synthetic Stihl is good along with fresh 93 octane, preferable ethanol free. OH..... and be warned. Hang around this site too much and your 3 saws will turn into 30. The CAD virus is rampant.

Just watch the stihl HP.it gives some people headaches.I pruned and clesred an apple orchard back last march for my boss on his farm and almost wasn't able to drive home on the third day my head hurt so bad.something gave me the headache the 2 days before. by the third day I figured it out.then a few weeks later I read posts on here about other guys complaining.
Not knocking the oil.I liked it other than the after effects.switched back to the orange bottle.
I may look into castrol.I've found a deal on cases of it for something like $15 and bar oil for $48 per case.used valvoline 2 cycle for 18 years with very very little carbon build up.believe I'll switch back to cheap stuff.;)

Those Video's are wrong in so many way's."OK guys remember to wear your Safety glasses." Jesus Christ the dude need to be in a padded Cell to keep from hurting Himself.
Another Snake oil Company like Splitfire Plugs,slick 50 and Duralube.I'll stick to my Marvel Mystery oil.It's Cheap and Actually works even though it's a Mystery.:laugh:

Back