2 Stroke Oil (Cerma)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may look into castrol.I've found a deal on cases of it for something like $15 and bar oil for $48 per case.used valvoline 2 cycle for 18 years with very very little carbon build up.believe I'll switch back to cheap stuff.;)
If i'm not mistaken Stihl HP is the same as Castrol oil. I remember someone on here posting something about it saying it was the same but way cheaper if bought in the Castrol bottle.

I get headaches from HP too.

If i'm not mistaken Stihl HP is the same as Castrol oil. I remember someone on here posting something about it saying it was the same but way cheaper if bought in the Castrol bottle.

I get headaches from HP too.

Yeah I'm sure it is.Had a Buddy that was an Xray tech for industry.He got to know a fellow in a Refinery he was working at.Dude told him that just about every manufacturer had their oil packaged in the same refinery with the same oil.Only difference was the Coloring Additive and the Packaging.there is only so much you can do with oil.Oil is oil even the synthetic.How do you get synthetic.Well it isn't drilled out of thin air.it has to come from somewhere.Of course......from oil.Thats from 2 places.Either out of the Ground or Organic.There is only so much pulling,Stretching and separation of oil molecules that can be done.In the end you still have one thing........Oil........that Lubes.Yes Synthetic is Cleaner.Of course I will do one thing tomorrow.I will take a picture of the top of a piston i have that came out of an old CZ400 dirt bike i have.it was ran on Valvoline nearly the whole time i had it.Sold it to a friend of mine who rode it for a little while.Sold it to some Idiots who wound up Busting the exhaust Skirt off the piston (Wide open and No Pipe).They didn't have it long enough to mix much gas for it.I bought the Bike back out of the Scrap pile for $50.Tore the top end down and was suprised that there was very very little carbon build up on the piston if any.the combustion chamber was the same.I had this bike from 94 until around 2000.I rode it every single day to and from my uncles farm to work.Usually after school and all weekend if i had a chance.that was until I ripped the tendon loose under my collar bone and couldn't ride anymore.So i sold it.it has been setting since probably 2001.
Yeah i don't want to get those headaches again.I'm hyper sensitive to some thing's like canola oil and Fragrance in shampoo's soaps etc. I'm sure there is some little something i'm sensitive to.Actually used Canola back last winter to test out as mix oil and bar oil in a little ms170 i have.No after effects but quit using because of the exhaust smell.It definately isn't castor.lol

+1 Welcome, Bob. Synthetic Stihl is good along with fresh 93 octane, preferable ethanol free. OH..... and be warned. Hang around this site too much and your 3 saws will turn into 30. The CAD virus is rampant.
What does CAD stand for? Is there a place on this website to look at or buy chainsaws. or just E-bay?

What does CAD stand for? Is there a place on this website to look at or buy chainsaws. or just E-bay?
Yup the tradin' post here has stuff for sale. Because some got taken for $$ or parts recently, all new members attempting to sell or buy are accused of being a scammer or thief and are treated accordingly.....just a heads up.

Yeah I'm sure it is.Had a Buddy that was an Xray tech for industry.He got to know a fellow in a Refinery he was working at.Dude told him that just about every manufacturer had their oil packaged in the same refinery with the same oil.Only difference was the Coloring Additive and the Packaging.there is only so much you can do with oil.Oil is oil even the synthetic.How do you get synthetic.Well it isn't drilled out of thin air.it has to come from somewhere.Of course......from oil.Thats from 2 places.Either out of the Ground or Organic.There is only so much pulling,Stretching and separation of oil molecules that can be done.In the end you still have one thing........Oil........that Lubes.Yes Synthetic is Cleaner.Of course I will do one thing tomorrow.I will take a picture of the top of a piston i have that came out of an old CZ400 dirt bike i have.it was ran on Valvoline nearly the whole time i had it.Sold it to a friend of mine who rode it for a little while.Sold it to some Idiots who wound up Busting the exhaust Skirt off the piston (Wide open and No Pipe).They didn't have it long enough to mix much gas for it.I bought the Bike back out of the Scrap pile for $50.Tore the top end down and was suprised that there was very very little carbon build up on the piston if any.the combustion chamber was the same.I had this bike from 94 until around 2000.I rode it every single day to and from my uncles farm to work.Usually after school and all weekend if i had a chance.that was until I ripped the tendon loose under my collar bone and couldn't ride anymore.So i sold it.it has been setting since probably 2001.
Yeah i don't want to get those headaches again.I'm hyper sensitive to some thing's like canola oil and Fragrance in shampoo's soaps etc. I'm sure there is some little something i'm sensitive to.Actually used Canola back last winter to test out as mix oil and bar oil in a little ms170 i have.No after effects but quit using because of the exhaust smell.It definately isn't castor.lol
Wow ! good info to know about ! I got a 4-stroke moped that smokes like a chimney. The oil I use is Yamalube. I think i spelled that right? Anyway, my wife and kids can always tell when i ride it because I smell like burnt oil I guess. Makes me not want to ride it all summer long. Any ideas ? Its only got 3 thousand miles on it ?

A 4 stroke smoking is pretty easy. If the cylinder is OK, then you need rings and possibly a piston. Some 4 strokes use valve seals, most wont and rely on positioning/orientation to keep oil from seeping down the valve stem and burning in the cylinder. With only 3000 miles I would wonder why its burning so much oil

Prime example.both of someone that has no clue what they are doing and is so far gone that they will believe anything that they see or hear.i'm sure he isn't a company spokes person.he couldn't have made it thru the front door as a janitor........or could he?

YES it is.
You may be able to cut the injection system back just a tad to cut down on the smoke.if its like my suzukis it just oils the crank and piston skirt and doesnt inject straight into the carb.unless it does inject into the carb.hmm i'll try to look that up later.you'll want to watch switching between synthetic and dino oil in the tank if you do switch.sometimes they won't blend and will turn into cottage cheese like stuff.heard a couple bad stories about that.rare occurrence though.

Wow ! good info to know about ! I got a 4-stroke moped that smokes like a chimney. The oil I use is Yamalube. I think i spelled that right? Anyway, my wife and kids can always tell when i ride it because I smell like burnt oil I guess. Makes me not want to ride it all summer long. Any ideas ? Its only got 3 thousand miles on it ?
A 4 stroke smoking is pretty easy. If the cylinder is OK, then you need rings and possibly a piston. Some 4 strokes use valve seals, most wont and rely on positioning/orientation to keep oil from seeping down the valve stem and burning in the cylinder. With only 3000 miles I would wonder why its burning so much oil
Oil injected?
YES it is.

Then it is NOT a 4 stroke .............. it is a 2 stroke

Then it is NOT a 4 stroke .............. it is a 2 stroke
A 4 stroke Moped just runs off of straight gas then ?
I put gas in one tank and my oil in another tank ? I thought
that made it a 4 stroke ? 93 oct. better oil ? smokes bad is my
issue ?

A 4 stroke Moped just runs off of straight gas then ?
I put gas in one tank and my oil in another tank ? I thought
that made it a 4 stroke ? 93 oct. better oil ? smokes bad is my
issue ?
Hi Bob,
Yup, it is a 2 stroke, and all 4 stroke motors run straight gas. Oil injection adds oil to the fuel so it can lube the crankcase and work its magic.
The easiest way for you to lower the rate of oil thats fed into the moped (which will reduce the smoke produced) is to switch to a thicker 2 cycle oil. I have seen some very thick oils and some rather thin oils.
Playing with the adjuster might result in a disaster, especially if you are not too familiar with working on 2 strokes

Or switch to maxima racing castor oil 927.the smell off of it is addictive.
This is of course a joke.dont think it would work well in injectin systems.
See what brand of scooter it is and I can see how it adjusts and I can try to work you thru it.im sure it should have notches in the cam on the pump to give you a ratio.

Latest posts

Back