20" Light Weight Bar Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FernGreen

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm on the search for a new bar for my ms440 and was checking out some of the lightweight versions from various manufacturers (Stihl es light, tsumura, sugihara, cannon, *add to this if there's others I didn't list please*).
-Is it worth going lightweight on only a 20"?
-Does anyone have a comparison in weights between any of the lightweight bar brands?

You don't save as much weight with a 20" as you do with say a 32" You have a Stihl, the Stihl lightweight bars are second to none, so that's what I recommend.

I’m having a hard time finding stihl lightweight bars. Both of my local dealers have none in stock, just regular e and es. Guess I’ll have to venture out further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks guys for all the replies! How do the GB brand bars hold up? I see they’re made in Australia.

Thanks guys for all the replies! How do the GB brand bars hold up? I see they’re made in Australia.
The info on them is a bit sketchy, the last two I had were not made in Australia and were low quality. However supposedly production has moved back to Australia? They're also harder to find in the U.S. The ones made in Australia were alway very high quality.

The info on them is a bit sketchy, the last two I had were not made in Australia and were low quality. However supposedly production has moved back to Australia? They're also harder to find in the U.S.

Ahhh I heard some of that stuff too. It looks like you can get them here. https://www.harvesterbars.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhh I heard some of that stuff too. It looks like you can get them here. https://www.harvesterbars.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those look similar to the couple I had, it had Australia marked on it, but not made in Australia, the steel was very soft. Not saying that these are the same, they very well ma be great, I just can't say for sure one way or the other.

The Australian made GB bars are awesome. I have an old PRO-TOP that is light and very durable. I check it for burs from time to time. I seriously don't think I had to touch the rails until after the 3rd chain.

Latest posts

Back