"2015 You Suck Thread"-Pictures required

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y'all suck. :mad:
:nofunny: ^^^ THAT! ^^^ :nofunny:

I do know it's NOT a "You suck", but I am pleased with my purchase non the less.

I acquired a 1985. Sachs-Dolmar 108 for ~65$, Yes You read that correctly, ~65USD!
She looks nice enough and runs fine.
Bar is slightly bent but not worn (will work just fine for thin stuff), chain has 3/4th to 4/5th life in it (damn LowProfile chain, it's so tiny compared to regular 3/8").
I always wanted one of these to accompany my Sachs-Dolmar 105, now I have one! :)

Some pictures of her arrival and first usage, and YES I know she's wearing a white clutch cover which doesn't affect functionality:

Sachs-Dolmar 108 - arrival 01.JPG Sachs-Dolmar 108 - arrival 02.JPG Sachs-Dolmar 108 - arrival 03.JPG Sachs-Dolmar 108 - arrival 04.JPG

Sachs-Dolmar 108 - usage 01.JPG Sachs-Dolmar 108 - usage 02.JPG Sachs-Dolmar 108 - usage 03.JPG
Sachs-Dolmar 108 - usage 04.JPG Sachs-Dolmar 108 - usage 05.JPG Sachs-Dolmar 108 - usage 06.JPG

The only cosmetic eyesore I identified thus far is that the previous owner drilled holes into the bottom housing trying to locate the muffler bolts to apparently tighten them up.
The exhaust tone of this saw is very high, thus the owner either didn't bolt the muffler down properly or the saw blew part of the muffler gasket.
I shall look into that at some point and when doing so take the opportunity and replace the housing part using one of the two Sachs-Dolmar 105 carcasses I have (completely compatible interchangeable parts!).

I like my new to me saw! :)

:nofunny: ^^^ THAT! ^^^ :nofunny:

I do know it's NOT a "You suck", but I am pleased with my purchase non the less.

I acquired a 1985. Sachs-Dolmar 108 for ~65$, Yes You read that correctly, ~65USD!
She looks nice enough and runs fine.
Bar is slightly bent but not worn (will work just fine for thin stuff), chain has 3/4th to 4/5th life in it (damn LowProfile chain, it's so tiny compared to regular 3/8").
I always wanted one of these to accompany my Sachs-Dolmar 105, now I have one! :)

Some pictures of her arrival and first usage, and YES I know she's wearing a white clutch cover which doesn't affect functionality:

View attachment 461420 View attachment 461421 View attachment 461422 View attachment 461423

View attachment 461424 View attachment 461425 View attachment 461426
View attachment 461427 View attachment 461428 View attachment 461429

The only cosmetic eyesore I identified thus far is that the previous owner drilled holes into the bottom housing trying to locate the muffler bolt to apparently tighten them up.
The exhaust tone of this saw is very high, thus the owner either didn't bolt the muffler down properly or the saw blew part of the muffler gasket.
I shall look into that at some point and when doing so take the opportunity and replace the housing part using one of the two Sachs-Dolmar 105 carcasses I have (completely compatible interchangeable parts!).

I like my new to me saw! :)

I have a 108 that I got off ebay years ago when I first started out messin with saws. I was the first and only bidder on a 99p starting price (about $1.50?) but had a shipping cost on top of that. Mine was missing the front handle and a couple of those plastic grilles. Like you I ended up bidding on a spares 105 just for the handle (paid far more for that than I should have for just wanting the handle) and now have one of each. Unfortunately what I didn't realise at the time was that the original saw was missing the thread inserts for the handle bolts too, so I still can't complete it. P&C are spotless, but I'm yet to get it running.

I have a 108 that I got off ebay years ago when I first started out messin with saws. I was the first and only bidder on a 99p starting price (about $1.50?) but had a shipping cost on top of that. Mine was missing the front handle and a couple of those plastic grilles. Like you I ended up bidding on a spares 105 just for the handle (paid far more for that than I should have for just wanting the handle) and now have one of each. Unfortunately what I didn't realise at the time was that the original saw was missing the thread inserts for the handle bolts too, so I still can't complete it. P&C are spotless, but I'm yet to get it running.
It's a shame indeed as these are sturdy little buggers. ;)
My (read my dads) almost 30 yrs. old Sachs-Dolmar 105 survived terrible tortures (by ME), she is currently partially stripped down waiting for me to put her back together. Piston & cylinder were carbon contaminated, piston skirt had lots of blow-by underneath the ring. Piston & cylinder are cleaned up, new Caber piston ring is ready, I just have to figure out a cylinder gasket as the factory OEM paper one fell apart on dis-assembly.

The Sachs-Dolmar 105 & 108 share the exact same power head, the difference is only in the air filter and rear handle position.
Can't You salvage the part required from the 105 carcass?
Or, couldn't You replicate/tinker something Yourself?

Around my area people ask 20-40$ for torn down partial carcasses! o_O

I had luck with my purchase, I didn't see the saw in person, I didn't have the chance to try the saw, yet the saw arrived within two days via mail and was complete, undamaged and once fueled in running condition!
I did worry a bit and hoped to at least get another carcass/parts saw, but it all turned out well. :D
The day I received the saw I called the seller and thanked him for his honesty. :clap:

I hope You'll get Your Sachs-Dolmar 108 running! :chainsaw:

I'll get there with one or the other eventually, too many other projects!

Freebies...

0eed8186f867cde019a1d6c72133b8c0.jpg

e87502c928d724ec9ac4096eb29dade3.jpg

I picked up 12 once used Stihl chains last week for $5 a piece, 10 green and 2 yellow. Guy I got them from, got them from a rental company. They put a new chain on every time the saw was rented. Some were in better shape than the others, some needed 2 strokes of the file, others 9 strokes. <br /><br />
47b578cf2b171852ff510c815b8b9590.jpg
<br /><br />
5f89097cad4886bb922f6bc837372831.jpg

Anybody else want to banish @nstueve and @Jon1212 (and many others) from the 'You Suck" thread for eternity?

Reason? Non-contagious Chronic suckage!
I take that as high praise. Although I do have to admit I have passed on several deals that could have been a "you suck" kinda deal.

Like this one... $600 kubota diesel all wheel steer g1800. Shoulda picked it up the day I saw it. (Not same unit as in pic but it was lightly used)
9e5f5bf8bf6b0cbf8d56e800fd1d61ee.jpg

I take that as high praise. Although I do have to admit I have passed on several deals that could have been a "you suck" kinda deal.

Like this one... $600 kubota diesel all wheel steer g1800. Shoulda picked it up the day I saw it. (Not same unit as in pic but it was lightly used)
9e5f5bf8bf6b0cbf8d56e800fd1d61ee.jpg
Nathan ,u need to call me when u find deals like this or your gonna more than suck!!!!

Nathan ,u need to call me when u find deals like this or your gonna more than suck!!!!
Yea, that mower was in your area too. Was listed in Marshalltown. [emoji50] oops. I didn't know what they were worth till it was gone. Would have loved to have it for the lawn by the house and shop.

Latest posts

Back