261 or 440?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the input guys.. I have looked into the 362 alot actually. I had every intention of buying the 362r version with the full wrap but i have also heard alot of negative thoughts about the saw.. especially saying for the extra couple hundred go with the 440. What do you think about the 362?
I've got the 362 and I won't complain about it! There are many good and bad reviews about the 362 around here. Just a little bit harder to find the good than the bad ones :D. I haven't had the chance to compare it to a 440, there was only a 441 on the shelf. For me, the 441 was just a little to big for main use. (Same as you, not too much falling)

If I compare the bar lengths in America and Europe, they always recommend a shorter bar over here. Think that's why the 034 and 066 are more the used combo over here, rather than the 261 and 440. So a 362 and a 064 work perfectly for me. By the way, a 261 would mean I have to bend over constantly while limbing (I'm over 6'8'' tall) so prefer the 362 with a longer bar then. Rather the extra weight than the back pain.

If only one saw, go 60cc for what you are describing.
I started out with 1 saw, the 362. Fitted perfectly. Got my small Echo for free and the 064 was a deal I couldn't refuse :). The 362 does perfectly what I need it for. Enough power, not too heavy, easy to maintain. Yea maybe it's a little bulky but when you aren't used to a 261, that isn't a problem. I like it so if you are going for 1 saw and 1 saw only, then you should be fine with a 362. Bucking a 30" would be easier with a 440 for sure, but when the tree is on the ground, the difference won't be that big! The 362 will fit your needs imho.

I agree. My 441C is my go to saw for everything. It's a tree fallers dream IMO.

Everyone says "get a 440 before they do away with them". The reson they're doing away with them is because the 441C is superior. I have alot of time on both saws and in my opinion, the 441C is just the better saw all around. Better filtration, better Av, better power, and it adjust itself. What more is there to say? :wink2:

Less fuel,less fumes,easy start, likes a simple muff modd,loves a port job.:smile2:

Latest posts

Back