Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It may be a little better than the 395 right now. I'm going to try to get a video of both of them in the same piece of wood.

Well here's the 395 and 288 videos. I do have a video of the 460 uploading also. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xsdHa09_v-Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/p_sK808p5L0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's the 460 video. I guess if the other ones I had ran like this one I'd never bought any huskies to start with. :msp_scared:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ttoQDfZvjPk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's the 460 video. I guess if the other ones I had ran like this one I'd never bought any huskies to start with. :msp_scared:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ttoQDfZvjPk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

nex time metals does um, I have to have a set of them dogs. whats up with that filter cover?
oh, and you gonna catch stihl fever :hmm3grin2orange:

Nice spikes for sure. That's a max flow setup. Like I said over in the other thread if the first 2 460s ran like this one I never would have bought a husky.

Last edited:
I had a couple and sent one to be modded. I never was impressed with it. This one here just pulls real hard. I can't believe it's cutting right with the bigger ones. I guess I need to grind both chains so I can rule that out. They were both new and only made about 1 tank of cutting on each.

Looks like she is running real strong mike.:msp_ohmy: Wonder what a 394 carby along with a little ign advance would do? Whats the compression at? Also could you possibly shoot me a pm what the port numbers are? I'm probably going to send mine to randy here soon to have the camber and base cut. I'm trying to get some numbers together to see where I want to go. With one set of numbers coming from the wild built 288 from http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/219116.htm This thread that srcarr52 did a while ago.

There was some sweat involved. It was the first set I had put into a cylinder that wasn't junk. It wasn't too bad to do but I would like to have a little different bit next time.

I thought the 395 was just barely faster than the 288. I didn't time the 460 but it's close to them also.

Back