365 Husky or 562

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Solo 665 I just got it right at the heels of a 372 with 20" bars in cherry. It was a bit cheaper than a 562 or 365. The 6400 will be slightly less powerful but can be tuned into a 7900 later on.

I have been in the market for a solo 665 and have had no luck used. Any idea where I can get one?

Not really. A guy on another forum got 8 and sold all of them quickly. I got one from another guy who decided he didn't want to keep it.

Dang it...keep me in mind. Can I buy a new one somewhere?
Amazon showed them in stock but they're pricey.
Not familiar with the Solo 665. What makes them such a sought after saw? Thanks.
Longer stroke than the dolmar and a quad port cylinder instead of open port. I think the 665 will keep up with a stock 372 when broken in.

Dolmar 6400 would be another thought. More power than either of the huskies off the shelf and even more power later on with a 79cc or 84cc top end. Not to mention cheaper. I have had two 365xt one husky version and the other jonsered. Both saws had the same idle issue which was idling up and down no matter where I adjusted the carb. Guys on here suggested richening up the low screw for the idle which I did and it still would idle up and down. Also ground the divider in the transfers on both to make them both the same as the 71cc versions and there was no noticeable difference on power at all IMO.

Mastermind said in some post, I can't remember where, that the idle fluctuation was the ignition advance kicking in and out.
I just got a new 365xt and it doesn't do that.

Amazon showed them in stock but they're pricey.

Longer stroke than the dolmar and a quad port cylinder instead of open port. I think the 665 will keep up with a stock 372 when broken in.

I seen that and they were very pricey for sure.

Not familiar with the Solo 665. What makes them such a sought after saw? Thanks.

I don't think Solo has much of a distributer and dealer network?

Anyway, the 665 extremely heavy both for the 66cc and the rated power (3.5 kw/4.7 hp), heavier than most 70-79cc saws according to KWF (15.4 lbs PHO).

I've never seen a Solo around here, only on the interwebs. Do they really exist ?
Do you say the same about Zenoah, Shindaiwa and other brands?

I have a nice little Solo (644 new model 44cc/3.5hp!) and it runs very good!

Do you say the same about Zenoah, Shindaiwa and other brands?

I have a nice little Solo (644 new model 44cc/3.5hp!) and it runs very good!

Yes, I've only seen them on the interwebs also. Husky, Poulan, Stihl and a rare Dolmar around here.

I want to buy a new firewood saw. It will be used for mostly 20 inch and under. Sometimes up to an occasional 30 inch. Im deciding on what saw a Husky 365 or 562. I tend to like the 365 but not totally decided on it. On the other side Im wanting to try an Autotune saw but not sold completly on the Autotune concept. I like the fact the 365 is mostly built on an old proven design minus the strat charging and can be moved to 372 power fairly simple.
I never ran a 365 but the 362 should do what you want. Wouldn't worry about spending $ beefing the saw up much more then a muffler -mod. You'd be better off getting a second saw in the future and there is nice used saws to buy more affordable especially when you get 70+ cc territory. There is more good 60 cc saws to choose from, for firewood the advantages of the most premium saw does not always outweigh advantages of keeping it simple and or less expensive to own something a bit or slightly less. I'd go with the best local dealer buying new in most cases.

I never ran a 365 but the 362 should do what you want. Wouldn't worry about spending $ beefing the saw up much more then a muffler -mod. You'd be better off getting a second saw in the future and there is nice used saws to buy more affordable especially when you get 70+ cc territory. There is more good 60 cc saws to choose from, for firewood the advantages of the most premium saw does not always outweigh advantages of keeping it simple and or less expensive to own something a bit or slightly less. I'd go with the best local dealer buying new in most cases.
He does make some good points.

Latest posts

Back