365 special acquired for $50

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cas101326

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just acquired a 365 special for $50. Saw is in great condition, old man that use to log owned it, had a kid working for him and he had a 4 stroke weedeater...you can guess the rest of the story. Kid swears he didn’t straight gas it but it’s locked up. Anyway I’ve always wanted a 372xp, so I want to build this one right, but there’s so many options and I need advice. OEM or Meteor, do or xpw? Heard something about replacing coil with a 346 coil. Please give me some good advice so I can get started. Also what parts will I need to convert to HT/HD air filter. I’ll eat pics tomorrow

First, if you can salvage that CP cylinder I would use that. If you're not interested PM me I want it.

Second, go to your Husky dealer or call Ashokan Turf and Timber @spike60 for a piston and cylinder. I believe you can still get them and the price is right. XPW is also an option but people that have done them say unless you're porting the 50mm is the better option. If you want to go high top you'll need a cover, filter, and intake neck. You can use the black unlimited coil from any of the three series saw but without any mods you shouldn't need it.

I would vacuum check before tear down. Maybe able to use crank, bearings and seals as they are if smooth and tight. I would stay oem as much as possible. Oem vs meteor p&c, not a big price difference. Agree spike60 is outstanding to deal with.

Well I’m considering it, but I’ve always wanted a 346 and a 372,just never could afford them,and I acquired a NIB 346xp NE earlier this year on a trade with a 088 that was given to me (just had to pay to ship it) and now I’ve acquired this saw, and since I have so little invested, I think I want to go ahead and convert to 372. I definitely want high top cover and filter, and the large felling spikes, just want to know what to do as far as p/c and carb and all. I’ve considered buying a potted p/c but not sure if I can buy one or if I’ll have to send saw to someone to have it done?

First, if you can salvage that CP cylinder I would use that. If you're not interested PM me I want it.

Second, go to your Husky dealer or call Ashokan Turf and Timber @spike60 for a piston and cylinder. I believe you can still get them and the price is right. XPW is also an option but people that have done them say unless you're porting the 50mm is the better option. If you want to go high top you'll need a cover, filter, and intake neck. You can use the black unlimited coil from any of the three series saw but without any mods you shouldn't need it.
Cuinrearview: I have a cyclinder and piston form a 365sp that should re coming back with my saws form Carl Miller. the 365 P&C were in good shape I just opted to swap up to a 372 P&C. once it arrives its for whoever whants to pay the ride back to them.

I believe the transfer design matches the case capacity better in the 365
Kevin, pretty sure that the 365 and the 372 have the same cases other than minor changes through the years, such as the design change from the 371 to the 372 by adding the extra case bolt and internal ribbing for strength I think they are identical. in other words the 365 was identical to the 371 and then after the case changes for strength went through and the 372 came out the 365 had the same changes to its case. is Saw Troll or Tor R available to comment?

Kevin, pretty sure that the 365 and the 372 have the same cases other than minor changes through the years, such as the design change from the 371 to the 372 by adding the extra case bolt and internal ribbing for strength I think they are identical. in other words the 365 was identical to the 371 and then after the case changes for strength went through and the 372 came out the 365 had the same changes to its case. is Saw Troll or Tor R available to comment?
They do have the same cases. And I feel that this case capacity is better suited to the 365.

Latest posts

Back