365 X-Torq performance

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Axlerod74

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Anyone with some run time on one of these new 365 X-Torq saws want to give us a review? I have been looking one over and would like to get some experienced accounts of hands on performance. I have ran the 372xp (old version) and would like to know how they compare in terms of torque, fuel efficiency and weight. Spike.............TK............Are they holding up well under professional use? Do they handle a 24" bar well?

Anyone with some run time on one of these new 365 X-Torq saws want to give us a review? I have been looking one over and would like to get some experienced accounts of hands on performance. I have ran the 372xp (old version) and would like to know how they compare in terms of torque, fuel efficiency and weight. Spike.............TK............Are they holding up well under professional use? Do they handle a 24" bar well?

I think it would be safe to assume that they are pretty much the same in all areas except the 365 uses less fuel due to the strato configuration.

stock they suck, they fall on their face when you push on them. mod. they will easy pull a much longer bar and you can push harder and chain still pulls long chips. not as good as 75cc but close

How much run-time have you put on one? This is suprising considering it is 71cc. I expected the torque to be very good.:msp_unsure:

I think it would be safe to assume that they are pretty much the same in all areas except the 365 uses less fuel due to the strato configuration.

Everything strato I have run so far has been very efficient on fuel but they have all been 55cc or less. My 372xp (old style) liked its gas. I am assuming the 365 will be more efficient but I'm wondering if it is very noticable?:msp_confused:

The x-torqs are out-performing the original versions. Spike has more experience with these saws than I do, he'll have more details.

They suck? Better get some extra TP for that diarrhea of the mouth.

I wouldn't think the 365xt would be far away from the 372xt. If I understand right, Port timing is about all thats different between the two.....and that could be fixed easily :msp_unsure:.

I have not. Should be a great value.

I agree, appears to be a lot of saw for the money. I have a 359 that I use quite a bit for firewood and love it. I love the torque for its size and how it handles. I have always felt it was a sleeper in its class and I am wondering if the 365 will be the same. I generally let saws work through the cut on their own but if I need to lean on it a little, I want it to keep lugging through. I am mostly looking to run 20" but want to be able to hook up a 24" without pulling the saw down.

The x-torqs are out-performing the original versions. Spike has more experience with these saws than I do, he'll have more details.

They suck? Better get some extra TP for that diarrhea of the mouth.

TK...........Do you get many professionals using these day in and day out?

The XTs are a great saw ran both the 372 and 365 and have talked with loggers using both. The 365xt is a good saw, for the price of 71cc you can't beat it, not as much power as the 372xt but that can easily be changed. Either saw will do what you want. I like the xt's and they seem to only get better with time and are good on fuel. Thats my two cents, buy what you can afford and go with it.

I hoped Spike would chime in and tell it like it is. I would buy a 365xt in a minute if I were looking for a new 70cc saw.

TK...........Do you get many professionals using these day in and day out?

372's yes, 365's are mainly bought by the local firewood guys and backyarders. Haven't had a single problem with either model, most guys are tight-lipped but what I can get out of them is that they like it better than the original. The XT's get grabbed first every time.

Had a guy stop in this afternoon and referring to a 372XT that his nephew bought last month says. "What'd they do to those new 372's? I hear they got a lot more power now."

And the 365 averages $150 or more less than the 372, so in the bang-for-the-buck category it's really a home run. Where else can you get 71cc's at a great deal like that?

The 365xt makes a little more power than the 372. That is what Husqvarna told me anyway.

372's yes, 365's are mainly bought by the local firewood guys and backyarders. Haven't had a single problem with either model, most guys are tight-lipped but what I can get out of them is that they like it better than the original. The XT's get grabbed first every time.

This is kind of what I was thinking. Wondered if any loggers or tree care guys were giving it a try..............since I am a firewood cutter though, this is particularly intresting. Is it just me or does it seem like everything is hush-hush about this one?

Not if it's adjusted right. Easily outcuts the original.

This is what I was looking for as well. Few if any are talking about their own running experiences but I figured at least the dealers would be getting some feedback from their customers. Spike....................TK.............You guys do a great job of getting info out there on the new stuff and I for one appreciate it! Keep it coming...................AX

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back