365 X-Torq performance

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is kind of what I was thinking. Wondered if any loggers or tree care guys wre giving it a try..............since I am a firewood cutter though, this is particularly intresting. Is it just me or does it seem like everything is hush-hush about this one?

This is what I was looking for as well. Few if any are talking about their own running experiences but I figured at least the dealers would be getting some feedback from their customers. Spike....................TK.............You guys do a great job of getting info out there on the new stuff and I for one appreciate it! Keep it coming...................AX

I'm sure there aren't really a ton of these things out there yet as they're less than a year old. Feedback is going to be minimal at this point, considering the small percentage of users that actually report back. Take from that an even smaller group that posts online. It will take time, but these are winners as were their predecessors.

Last edited:
I'm sure there aren't really a ton of these things out there yet as they're less than a year old. Feedback is going to be minimal at this point, considering the small percentage of users that actually report back. Take from that an even smaller group that posts online. It will take time, but these are winners as we're their predecessors.

Since you own and have experience with the 356 special, were there any changes made when they went to the X-Torq that you see as a negative over the original design? Is the muffler the same as the older ones? What about the carb?

I run the new 365xt and I like it a lot. I'm still in the process of breaking it in so I can't speak to how much it wakes up after 1 million tanks but I will say it does sip fuel and have plenty of power for anything I'm cutting. I've cut quite a bit of wood some days on only a couple tanks of gas. I fit into the backyard firewood cutter category so there are certainly people out there who will put more hours on their saws in a few weeks than I will in a year.

I've never run a 372 but I have owned a 440 so I have a general idea of what to compare it to. It has a lot of torque and I had no problem noodling several huge chunks of fresh oak that I recently cut up. I no longer own my 440 so I can't do any better than my subjective comparison but I will say it feels close in performance while carrying a little more weight than my 440. I don't cut my firewood with a stopwatch though and couldn't care less about a couple of pounds so that's up to you as the user. The 372 might be worth the extra money if those things are important to you. At $570 delivered, this was a good buy in my mind. Time will tell how well it holds up.

IMG_1431.JPG

Since you own and have experience with the 356 special, were there any changes made when they went to the X-Torq that you see as a negative over the original design? Is the muffler the same as the older ones? What about the carb?

Physical changes are transparent. Different carb, new model from Walbro - RWJ series. BIG venturi compared to old versions if anyone's interested. And yet still a fuel sipper. Same muffler. Same case if I'm not mistaken. Different P/C obviously. To pick one up you wouldn't know you were holding a different saw, just one that isn't faded in the plastics :smile2: No negatives, just that I have to pay for one if I want one, just like everyone else! :hmm3grin2orange:

I run the new 365xt and I like it a lot. I'm still in the process of breaking it in so I can't speak to how much it wakes up after 1 million tanks but I will say it does sip fuel and have plenty of power for anything I'm cutting. I've cut quite a bit of wood some days on only a couple tanks of gas. I fit into the backyard firewood cutter category so there are certainly people out there who will put more hours on their saws in a few weeks than I will in a year.

I've never run a 372 but I have owned a 440 so I have a general idea of what to compare it to. It has a lot of torque and I had no problem noodling several huge chunks of fresh oak that I recently cut up. I no longer own my 440 so I can't do any better than my subjective comparison but I will say it feels close in performance while carrying a little more weight than my 440. I don't cut my firewood with a stopwatch though and couldn't care less about a couple of pounds so that's up to you as the user. The 372 might be worth the extra money if those things are important to you. At $570 delivered, this was a good buy in my mind. Time will tell how well it holds up.

Thanks stew7........this is very helpful. It sounds like your 365 is much more efficient than my old 372xp. I don't put away near as much firewood as a lot of the big sellers here but I cut my fare share. Occasionally I get the opportunity to cut up a bigger oak or beech and could use the bigger saw. Plus I just like running the bigger Husqvarnas. :smile2:
You got a great deal on that one.........she's a beauty!

Everything strato I have run so far has been very efficient on fuel but they have all been 55cc or less. My 372xp (old style) liked its gas. I am assuming the 365 will be more efficient but I'm wondering if it is very noticable?:msp_confused:

If you want a comparison of what X-Torq does for fuel efficiency, check this out:

I run the old-school 365 special. My buddy runs the 570. He cut probably 50% more wood on a tank, running a 24" b/c to my 18" - in big oak. I ran out of gas surprisingly early, and was stunned. I was pausing a bit to get the carb set right, I had recently altered a muff mod and needed to make some cuts to get it set properly. He was just cutting, no messing around. I sharpened up the chain, refueled the saw, and began cutting again. Then he ran out of fuel.

The saws
6093372382_d660824088_z.jpg

The oak
6087686006_8b57eaf727_z.jpg

If you want a comparison of what X-Torq does for fuel efficiency, check this out:

I run the old-school 365 special. My buddy runs the 570. He cut probably 50% more wood on a tank, running a 24" b/c to my 18" - in big oak. I ran out of gas surprisingly early, and was stunned. I was pausing a bit to get the carb set right, I had recently altered a muff mod and needed to make some cuts to get it set properly. He was just cutting, no messing around. I sharpened up the chain, refueled the saw, and began cutting again. Then he ran out of fuel.

The saws
6093372382_d660824088_z.jpg

The oak
6087686006_8b57eaf727_z.jpg

Regretfully the 365 and 372xt are still not available here in Canada, and most likely never will be, all the newer 500 series saws are still in hiding in there Igloo, but yes the 570 is a great saw, and sips the fuel. Disappointed the 570At lacks the hook up for the diagnostic tool, as does the 576............guess I will have to head to the US and get a saw that I can hook it up to to play with.

Regretfully the 365 and 372xt are still not available here in Canada, and most likely never will be, all the newer 500 series saws are still in hiding in there Igloo, but yes the 570 is a great saw, and sips the fuel. Disappointed the 570At lacks the hook up for the diagnostic tool, as does the 576............guess I will have to head to the US and get a saw that I can hook it up to to play with.

555 is the only one you can currently plug into, no? Considering the 562 doesn't even exist :msp_tongue:

Now we're talkin' this is the kind of real world compairison I was after in my OP. I could read this stuff all day. Let's face it, $500-$700 is big money for the average working man to drop on a saw, I prefer to research a purchase as much as I can...............before putting the money down. In the last few years, Husqvarna has really had some home runs in production and I think X-Torq is one of them. It is good to see some fuel efficiency comparison on the big saws. :highfive:

The 365 will do you well.

In addition - I like the positioning of the decomp valve on the top as opposed to on the side like it used to be. Better placement IMO.

Anyone with some run time on one of these new 365 X-Torq saws want to give us a review? I have been looking one over and would like to get some experienced accounts of hands on performance. I have ran the 372xp (old version) and would like to know how they compare in terms of torque, fuel efficiency and weight. Spike.............TK............Are they holding up well under professional use? Do they handle a 24" bar well?

I just bought the 2012 365xt and have used it only with the stock 20'' bar and the more I have used it the more power I seem to get out of it. I burried the bar completely the other day into white oak with a full comp chain and the saw preformed very well and I have used the 372. I have to imagine with a few upgrade this saw will compete with the 372 no problem. I am going to run a 24'' bar and possibly a 28 on this machine, I am hoping for good results.

I just bought the 2012 365xt and have used it only with the stock 20'' bar and the more I have used it the more power I seem to get out of it. I burried the bar completely the other day into white oak with a full comp chain and the saw preformed very well and I have used the 372. I have to imagine with a few upgrade this saw will compete with the 372 no problem. I am going to run a 24'' bar and possibly a 28 on this machine, I am hoping for good results.

Congratulations on the 365, your part of the brotherhood from this day forward!

For what it is worth I bought a 365 xt back in mid february after killing my old 61 for the final time. I was tempted by the new 562 but the price difference is what sold me. Some things I have noticed: It will cut a much bigger pile of wood before running out than what the old 61 would. When I went cutting with my neighbor who was using his VERY modified 460
(he is a professional logger) he said he was quite impressed with my 365 after he ran it for awhile just to try it out. He runs VERY modified 460 and 660's all day long so to here him say that he was impressed with the 365 as it is stock out of the box should really mean something. We were cutting a huge red oak for firewood that day and although I could not outcut him I was holding my own and he even commented on that saying that I got one hell of a saw for $600. Maybe I am partial but I would say that you cannot get more saw for the price right now.

My 2166 is very easy on fuel too. Cuts hard wood (rock maple and oak) very well, softer trees like butter. $630 well spent.

I have had a 365xt since Nov 2011. Stock it ran fine with a 20, a 24, and it pulled a 28 fairly well. It has since been changed into a 372xt plus. It is significantly stronger now. It is still a strato, but it has a muffler mod and some work has been done to the cylinder. Stock it was somewhat stronger than my 2165.

Now we're talkin' this is the kind of real world compairison I was after in my OP. I could read this stuff all day. Let's face it, $500-$700 is big money for the average working man to drop on a saw, I prefer to research a purchase as much as I can...............before putting the money down. In the last few years, Husqvarna has really had some home runs in production and I think X-Torq is one of them. It is good to see some fuel efficiency comparison on the big saws. :highfive:

In australia 365 special retails $1,385.can,t get 365xt not available.our saw prices suck:chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back