372xpw chain width, .050 or .058?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you saying that you bought a 372 online? Husqvarna doesn’t allow their dealers to sell pro saws online, in store only purchases.

Some dealers like Bailey's don't sell any pro saws online. It must be loosely enforced as I found a number of dealers selling them online...even stranger the place I ordered from sells most of them online but a few they don't:confused:

Oh and I found out from the vendor the chain is .050. Actually that kinda suits me as my DCS510 is the same so if ever (unlikely as I'm an old fart) went through a lot of chain I could buy a spool and make loops.

Last edited:
Some dealers like Bailey's don't sell any pro saws online. It must be loosely enforced as I found a number of dealers selling them online...even stranger the place I ordered from sells most of them online but a few they don't:confused:

Oh and I found out from the vendor the chain is .050. Actually that kinda suits me as my DCS510 is the same so if ever (unlikely as I'm an old fart) went through a lot of chain I could buy a spool and make loops.

With the lack of bar, chain, shipping delay, etc. it was starting to sound fishy. There have been lots more chinese replicas on feebay lately that are so close to original you can hardly tell.

If you bought it from a website where the dealer is an actual Husqvarna dealer I’m sure you’re in good shape.

Yes the place is a dealer for a lot of equipment. They are about a 4 hr drive from me, my woodcutting area is halfway there, so they better be on the up and up or I'll show up at their door! :cheers:

In a world of surrogate retailers, drop shipping, and many other now-common practices, the term "in-stock" means very little.

It means someone has the product somewhere.

Call me old school but "in stock" means they have it in hand and ready to ship.
I'm rapidly getting upset at these guys, they should have shipped Mon or Tues last week. Then they told me they would ship Thursday, which ruined my weekend plans for that saw as it wouldn't arrive until Monday.
Called them Friday, they still don't have the "in stock" saw "in stock". :angry: Their website still shows it in stock when they clearly don't have them.
If it isn't in my hands by this coming Friday, 10 work days after the order, I'm starting over getting one from someone else.
One thing for sure if I do eventually get it from them they have killed any future business from me....

It FINALLY ARRIVED! A mere two weeks after ordering it...as mentioned I am two days shipping from them, they did not have it in stock despite indicating so.
If they had just told me up front it would be two weeks I'd have probably been ok with that, just don't like being misled and making plans based on when it should have been here.

Now for a question- there was no assembly manual with it, I got it all figured out EXCEPT -
what are the two screws about 2" long, one nut to fit the screws and the plastic sleeve thing about 1/2" diameter, with about a 1/4" hole through it, about 1" long and with the rod down the side? The sleeve has the number 537 02 44 on one end with a 2 under that on the other side of the hole in the sleeve.

It did do a great job cutting through a 24"+ oak log I had, and it had been down about 6 months too:msp_biggrin:

I beg to differ....

Are you saying that you bought a 372 online? Husqvarna doesn’t allow their dealers to sell pro saws online, in store only purchases.

The only saws I see for sale online are chinese knockoffs that look very much like a husky.

As others have suggested, if you don’t have the bar part number you’ll have to wait till you receive the bar to find out what gauge is required.

Real, new huskies are on line all the time, from real "brick & mortar" dealers all the time. just check out ebay. I've bought them and can guarantee they are real and from a real dealer.

I don't know the dealer agreements or where the loophole in the rules are but there are lots of them available from many different dealers online.

Yes there are asian knock ofs to beware of, but if you do your homework they are easy to detect.

Based on the heading of the thread, it is time to tell what bar it actually came with! :msp_smile:

I have no idea what the 2" bolts are for, but the other "loose" parts sounds like the roller chain catcher, like suggested above

It did come with a .050 bar and chain.
As for the mystery part, I eventually found an online diagram of it, but it appears a part is missing, besides the roller thing there is some sort of sleeve that goes in it. That wasn't in the bag with the rest of the hardware. Part 57 08 92 01 in this diagram

View attachment 280795

Not sure why there was an extra bolt. Maybe Sven counted the parts as the correct quantity but had an extra bolt rather than the sleeve:msp_razz:

Oh yeah- it appears the saw is a 2011 model, though brand new...??

Last edited:
Everything Husky is .058 in Canada Niko. Is it different in the US?

it's the same. niko's in norway ffs. you can order any combination on a any saw if requested in the us and canada but 90% of people don't care and just order whats standard. i talked my grandpa into buying a 372 and he did while he was down in the states. don't know where he bought it but it came standard with .058 on a 24" bar. my gramps only cuts firewood these days, tops and falls the odd tree so a 24" was best for him. i still have yet to see it. he will be back from the states soon. i have never seen a 372 with .050 on it although i'm sure there are some out there. mine is running .058 and that's what came on it when new. i didn't even ask for a certain gauge cause back then i didn't know sh#$ about different chain gauges. i was 11. all i knew was that i wanted a 372 with dual dogs, 24" bar, and a full wrap handle bar. right now if i went and bought a 372 it would have a 3/8 26" .058 with 7 pin rim. that is a very versitile combination and has the nicest balance in power. there are guys running 372's with 33" .404 bars out here with 7 pin and they just aren't the same as the combination i choose. of course no faller would ever use 3/8 but the 372's to me just can't handle it. with a 33" .404 385/390 all the way. don't mean to attack you niko. i've had a few drinks so forgive me :cheers: i will stop now. i don't even know what just happened. :confused:

So is it the 71cc, or 75cc XPW? I'd rather have .058 on a saw that size.

I'm just wondering why? I think having different gauges is a pain in the ass. I would like to see it standardized, at least between pitches. I've never seen any benefit between .050/.058/.063.

I'm just wondering why? I think having different gauges is a pain in the ass. I would like to see it standardized, at least between pitches. I've never seen any benefit between .050/.058/.063.

You'll find the wider guages are better at dragging oil around the bar.
On another note after hard use which guage do you think is most likely to break through the drivelink rivet holes? That's right, .050" :)
I've used the same amount of .050" and .063" with the cutting I've done and never busted an .063" but have had a number of .050" chains break. Same brand and model of chain too.

Latest posts

Back