394XP that thinks it is a 395XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old Goat

Old Goat

ArboristSite Operative
attachment.php
It is a 394xp, made 1992, week 27 - probably on the monday that week.

So let me make an assumption here. Going off of the serial number, the first number stands for the year (#2=1992), the second and third number (27) is the week of the year, and the last digits represent what number it was made of that week (0069=69th saw). Is this the standard for all Husqvarna serial numbers?

Old Goat

Old Goat

ArboristSite Operative
Maufacture date question

I am trying to figure out Husqvarna's manufacturing date info from the serial numbers on the following saws. Please let me know if I am correct and how to understand the last two serial numbers. I know that the year is correct for the 371 and the 395.

attachment.php

So is this 257's maufacture date 1997, 14th week, saw #76?

attachment.php

1994, 30th week, saw #1839?

attachment.php

I know that this 371XP is year 1999, Help me with the rest of the serial number.

attachment.php

I also know that this 395XP was built in 2001, what about the rest?

Ghillie

Ghillie

Addicted to ArboristSite
I am not 100% but.....

You are correct on the first two.

On the next two pay attention only to the bottom number. Not sure what the other is but.... 39th week #448 off the line for the third picture. 10th week #553 off the line for the last.

I'm 99% sure on this, someone will let me know if I am not. :)

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
I am not 100% but.....

You are correct on the first two.

On the next two pay attention only to the bottom number. Not sure what the other is but.... 39th week #448 off the line for the third picture. 10th week #553 off the line for the last.

I'm 99% sure on this, someone will let me know if I am not. :)

You got it right, at some point they added a digit in the middle of the number - that most often is a zero.....:)

The other number is the "item"/order number for the model at the time - ending by -00 means powerhead only.

Last edited: