4 man crew job minimum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 4 man crew needs to generate $360 an hour in revenue to be profitable. This includes travel to the job and site set up (signs, cones, meet the client, written job plan), cleanup and site take down.

So it really depends on travel time as that's the big unknown. If you can do all the ancillary stuff in 10 mins and you have no travel, then if you can bang out the work in 20 min, you could do a 1/2 hour minimum. Unless your crews are SIGNIFICANTLY more efficient than mine, all that ancillary stuff drags on much longer than you think.

As for travel time, crews get paid from marshall time till when they return to the shop. All that prep time and travel has to be charged against some job.

$360 an hour to do a single hours work. But not $360/hr every hour.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I split my crew to do the little stuff. Or do it on the way to other jobs.

A 4 man crew has to generate $360/hr or $2880 per 8hr day.
That's not happening in my area. $90 a man is way off here. That's more that we get for a backhoe including an operator. $90 an hour for a grounding is $65/hr higher than my area.

Were doing bug trees knocking out a lot of big trees near power lines and structures 6 days a week and we have 3 man crews. It depends on the guys. Our crews are all highly trained, motivated, well paid professionals. You can have a 6 man crew of tweekers, and slackers and get nothing done. So its all relative.

That's not happening in my area. $90 a man is way off here. That's more that we get for a backhoe including an operator. $90 an hour for a grounding is $65/hr higher than my area.

The target man hour rate is really dependent on how fast you are depreciating your equipment. The actual labour cost component is pretty small.

Latest posts

Back