40:1 50:1

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The heat problem comes from friction. Oil reduces friction.Heat and seizure are common when you have no or low oil. I can not imagine oil burning hotter then gasoline given the same amount of oxygen.

like you said, friction creates heat. Like I said, I have no heat issues, thus, I have no friction issues.
synthetic reduces friction more then twice as good as regular oils. A friend of mine tested 2 different oils on a metal-lathe, one synthetic, the other traditional oil. The Regular oil was on in a thick coat. The Jig seezed right up in about 3 minutes. He then did the same thing with synthetic oil. It was on in a very thin coat. He ran the Jig for 20 minutes and it was still going. He ended up shutting it off.
When Oil burns it burns dirty causing carbon build up. If your burning oil, your creating carbon build up plain and simple
you only need as much oil to stop friction. No more. Gas is what cools an engine. When it expands it cools.
all this rich oil buisness recks saws, ????s up your compression and lowers power output.

2X?

Stihl only claims 120% lubrication properties for synthetic over "ordinary mix" oils, but 280% for "cleaning"... Once you have had combustion, you need to get rid of the residue... or as is partially the case with synthetics, stop it sticking.

So bwalker have you stopped running 2T altogether, or are you just experimenting with the HP Ultra?
Just experimenting.
FWIW Ultra does have its advantages when run in a blower. In a saw I think Mobil 2R is cleaner.

all this rich oil buisness recks saws, ????s up your compression and lowers power output.
What a bunch of non sense... Just about all racing two strokes use ratios of 32:1 or less.
I might also suggest tearing down a saw run at 32:1. In many cases they are cleaner than those run at 50:1.
synthetic reduces friction more then twice as good as regular oils.
In general this is false BTW.

Some people like to waste their money in different ways, throwing oil when not needed down the throat of a saw designed to run on 50:1 is one of them, if you stood at your garbage bin smashing perfectly good full bottles of beer into the bottom of it, it wouldn't be long before somebody walked past & said your a "blinkin" idiot mate!
Thansk

I run 50:1 gas mix. But always remove the plug and add a couple glugs of 10w-30 for added security before starting [emoji12]

Some people like to waste their money in different ways, throwing oil when not needed down the throat of a saw designed to run on 50:1 is one of them, if you stood at your garbage bin smashing perfectly good full bottles of beer into the bottom of it, it wouldn't be long before somebody walked past & said your a "blinkin" idiot mate!
Thansk
I wanted to report you for talking about wasting beer..... oil is one thing.... but beer??:cheers:

Threebond Threadlock.PNG Medium is not enough, it needs high strength. And besides, Threebond Products are better than Permatex. lol

The only thing I enjoyed in this thread is reading from guys (lakeside, etc.) long gone...

Back