461 review

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mv7fd

mv7fd

ArboristSite Operative
When comparing the 362 C to the 461 you are comparing two saws in different categories.

You don't have to worry about M-Tronic, it has been very reliable for most people. The 362 is a very smooth fast cutting saw (max HP from factory at 10,000 RMP, the highest of any factory saw I know of). Having spring AV and M-Tronic is a plus.

That said, in hardwood over 16-18", you will prefer the increased power of a larger saw, and the 461s gets excellent reviews.

In answer to your question, it depends on your cutting needs.

The 461 is a good deal more powerful, but is also a good deal heavier. For bucking larger wood, the 461 is superior. For limbing and general firewood cutting, you may be happier with 362. You will be able to use it much longer before it wears you out.

Hope this is helpful. I see a lot of posters who think they are humerus.

Good luck with your decision.
That was a very good post thanks

hseII

hseII

Addicted to ArboristSite
When comparing the 362 C to the 461 you are comparing two saws in different categories.

You don't have to worry about M-Tronic, it has been very reliable for most people. The 362 is a very smooth fast cutting saw (max HP from factory at 10,000 RMP, the highest of any factory saw I know of). Having spring AV and M-Tronic is a plus.

That said, in hardwood over 16-18", you will prefer the increased power of a larger saw, and the 461s gets excellent reviews.

In answer to your question, it depends on your cutting needs.

The 461 is a good deal more powerful, but is also a good deal heavier. For bucking larger wood, the 461 is superior. For limbing and general firewood cutting, you may be happier with 362. You will be able to use it much longer before it wears you out.

Hope this is helpful. I see a lot of posters who think they are humerus.

Good luck with your decision.
I think everyone has a couple.

View attachment 426056
Awesome poast
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432236192.512409.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432236258.097480.jpg

dws_az

dws_az

ArboristSite Member
I think Mustang Mike pretty much nailed it.

I have a 362(non M-Tronic) a 461R and a 241 C-M.

It really depends on what your cutting as the 362 is a very good saw for what it is. The 461 is a big step up in power but it does weigh more. I've had zero issues with my 241 C-M as the M-Tronic has worked great.

Latest posts