461 review

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mv7fd

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
im looking between the 362 to the 461 I prefer the 461 because it's got all the power I should ever need does anyone have any good or bad reviews on this saw

How is that m-tronic is it worth it
I only have one M-Tronic saw. It's only a couple weeks old. But I've had no problems with it. I did notice while using it for limbing it was it was running a little rich. No big deal, just ran 5 constant cuts in wood and no more excess smoke.

I just worry about that stuff being on there saws have gone this long without if

That's what I had wanted but I don't want that m-tronic stuff at least not yet

mv if your going to put your saw to work I'd stay away from the 441. Lots of guys love them but all that I've seen or worked on that had some hard work time on them were rattled apart and they do have abunch of parts. 461 is a proven top work saw with great power. I'm sure the 362 is agood saw but I don't like it, don't care how much power it makes ported. Guess I'm old school, probably why I like the 461. And to all the 441 lovers don't hate me unless half your paint is wore off and you ain't lost any screws. Ken

Yeah I just don't like all the extra electrical stuff on these new saws the 461 is the only one besides the 880 that dont

I had a 441 m tronic that I fell with for a while, got rid of it (quirky in my experience) and went with a 461. I have 2 years on it and it is my primary medium tree saw. Has an edge on the 441 power wise, and tough as nails, I have fallen trees on it, gone though multiple bars, Its been dragged down the mountain with trees stuck in the butt, fallen off a processor (had to replace the tank on that one) been dropped and rolled down hill sides.

Good saw IMO

Hell for 149 bucks more I can get a 661

Lot of good reviews on that one, just pulled the trigger on one myself, but no run time yet...

How is that m-tronic is it worth it

I have a ms441 cm, I love the m-tronic, keeps the saw tuned. Sounds like however your mind is set.

If you want an old school saw, I have a 660 I could put on you. PM me and I'll send you the link to my C/L post w/ pics and such.

dw

The ms362cm. Most. Awesome. Saw. Ever.

Get it ported and it will cut just like a 70cc saw!!!!!

everytime i read your 362 praising i just have a feeling it has something to do with something mustang mike said in the past. there must be something i missed LOL

Latest posts

Back