461 vs 372XT vs 576XT vs 7910

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems as though you're back tracking now. You're the one that said 372s were blah. Now you're telling us how good they are.o_O
They feel very blah,even a very good one does.
Not because it don't run good but because it has limp noodles for av mounts.

Now,let the **** measuring continue,I have 500 videos and can keep going.

How's the bottom end hold up on 372's. Crank, Bearings and Seals
I think the rotating parts are pretty good but they have some dumb stuff,like the oil pump bolts have to be sealed because the hole goes through to the crank case,the bushing and seal on the pto side will certainly leak,same dumb setup as a 044.
They put the coil as far away as they could from the switch so the foot long wire will certainly break and the coil is directly under the muffler so it can stay super hot all the time,have to make or buy a tool to get the clutch off and the Phillips screws holding most of it together will strip and break off and not stay tight.
The HD carb that most have on them is a complete peice of **** and even husky guys will say that but if you hold your mouth right you can make one fast in a small price of wood.
That's my experience with them

Never seen a Dalmer before or saw shop for one. Maybe that's a good thing?
So you will need a bucket of parts maybe?
Even a well known porter aground here took it on as a pet project after the discontinuation of the original 372 but they just didn't catch on in industry. Neither did the 576. Perhaps if they could have shaved some weight on the 576 it would had sold.
The 461? The roughest saw...the smothest saw. Its got the built in power but its got to be raced out properly with the back pressure out of it and the anti-vib handlebars then its way smoother than the AV mounts (372) coming on and off the trigger. However! That's half the battle, its a square chisel saw only. Then I would call it the best saw on the market between Stihl & Husqvarna. Not a big fan of the stock 372 x torq although I've been running the chassis for 21 yrs.
Things on it are cheap now. Chokes, trigger locks and on/off switches.
Those three things mentioned are my biggest expenses that add up fast.
Its the most versatile saw out of the bunch, that I'm sure of. very fast maneuvering saw.
I had bought a new 575 In 2006. I only ran it for a shift. Again, good built in power and very smooth.
For stock saws, out of the 3 saws I would say 576. The 372 has to many cheesy parts for me to recomend and the 461 is rough. Dalmer sounds good but service may be a concern?? If your are not in a hurry then its OK and likely much cheaper on parts as well
Hello sir....I can see you have years of experience and have ran all these saws.....so exscuse my ignorance, but when you are talking about the back pressure in the 461, are you saying the saw likes back pressure or not....

Also what do you mean by square chisel saw...

Latest posts

Back