5 gal a day through a 395

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that GASOLINE71 had a saw that could easily burn 5 gallons of fuel in a day pretty easy, if it was ran continously....

highly unlikely felling, i spose you could do 5 litres easy if you worked none stop... most i have done is maybe 15 litres and that was none stop ringing up hardwoods for the log splitters all day in the yard on a ms 88 and that was a lot more thirsty than my 395

You would have to meet this guy. He has to be the biggest and best at all things. He cant stand to be out done. Probably trying to out BS some guy who claimed to burn 4 gallons a day.

1) If he is using that much fuel in a day than my people are not working hard enough! (2) Did he mention how much bar oil he had used, that is a lot of fuel and oil for one guy to pack in a site.

I will say this. I pack 3 gallons a day and usually get it all in oversize Fir (30-50" or more) and it happens for a couple of reasons. First off, I actually limb all the sides of a log that you are suppose to, secondly, Those are big azz stumps to be working on, and third, most time in really nice wood you have to take two lengths off for the dangle head. Combine that with staying busy with a hot 390 and your 3 gallons will go away in a 7 hour shift, I guarantee it.

I'd believe it. I put 3.5 gallons through my modded 7900 yesterday in 8 3/4 hours (the most I have put through a 7900 on this same job is just under 4 gallons in a day). I have put more than that through my 3120 in a day though but that thing is a pig on fuel.
However my 7900 was running nearly non stop and dropped 371 trees.
Using 5 gallons in a day through a 395 isn't an impossibility I wouldn't think.

I'd believe it. I put 3.5 gallons through my modded 7900 yesterday in 8 3/4 hours (the most I have put through a 7900 on this same job is just under 4 gallons in a day). I have put more than that through my 3120 in a day though but that thing is a pig on fuel.
However my 7900 was running nearly non stop and dropped 371 trees.
Using 5 gallons in a day through a 395 isn't an impossibility I wouldn't think.

Is a AU gallon the same as a UK? 4.546 Litres?
I think the US is 3.78 Litres

3.5 gallons UK is 15.9L
5 gallons US is 18.9 L

So it looks like it could be easy to do 5 US gallons a day.

I can put 7 litres a day through the FS450 strimmer and thats a lot of grass cut!

I quite liked the guy! But he did get some flack for the 3 million trees cut post lol

Yup..he never backed off from that, did he? Too bad, too. I think a lot of his posts were good and he really tried to help people but he lost all of his credibility with that post...and his refusal to admit he was stretching it just a bit.

Back on topic...I don't run Huskys much but if I put five gallons a day (and I spill a lot) through my 660 I'd be working a lot longer day than I really wanted to. Maybe that's the OP's real deal... he's cutting full blast from can't see 'til can't see. :) There's "faller's days" and there's "woodcutter's days"...big difference.

Last edited:
Back