500i no start

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihlguy

10 yo grandson using 024 Super
Reaction score
Helping a buddy with some storm clean up last Fri., running the 500i, shut it off, set it down, went to restart it a few minutes later, no start. Long story short, played with the kill button, started up OK. It seems I saw somewhere there is an issue with the kill buttons on the 500i, anybody heard of this?

Helping a buddy with some storm clean up last Fri., running the 500i, shut it off, set it down, went to restart it a few minutes later, no start. Long story short, played with the kill button, started up OK. It seems I saw somewhere there is an issue with the kill buttons on the 500i, anybody heard of this?

Probably dirty connections. Lots of people here don't clean their saws, and probably have lots of issues on plenty of other saws. Keep them clean people, and save yourself some heartache.

I had a similar issue just last week, the saw was warmed up and sat for 5 minutes or so. Picked it up, pressed the decomp and pulled 4-5 times (kinda lazy pulls tbh). The decomp wasn't popping. Popped it manually, still no luck when turning the saw over. The muffler was smelling like gas. What I did was I held the stop button pressed (that disables all the electronics in the saw, including the injector and spark from firing when you turn the saw over), gave it 10 pulls or so while holding the stop button with the decomp popped up, then just let go of the stop button, gave it a pull and it started right up. It seems to be some sort of flooding issue that can happen.

Latest posts

Back