550XP - Snellerized Style

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New
I'm so damn far behind it ain't funny......

Do not say that. I learned a lot with your topics.

I started to mod my 7900 seeing your topic about it, and now I am trying to mount a 066 cylinder on my old 064, with the help of Brad's topic.

But when I'll buy a "really" ported saw, I will ask one of you!

It had a couple of years on it......I see no "smoking gun", just a broken ring and a damaged jug. It makes less than five saws that I've been made aware of that suffered a failure. I'm gonna fix it for free, and not worry about the "why".

Probably not more than 15 - 20 tanks of fuel. I think it needed more bevel on the bottom of the exhaust port. That's an easy spot to overlook when putting back the bevels. We normally don't grind there, so it's easy to assume it's good.

Hey Chris.

We can't get those damn seals out without splitting the cases. I ordered two gaskets sets, then it's on.

I ported 4 of those little 550xp's in the last two days and a 2253.i had two to do for customer saws ,one for my shops demo saw, then a 550xp and and 2253 for in stock ported ready to sale saws. id about rather port an auto tune these days than anything else.

Terry, this may have been covered somewhere deep in the bowels of AS but I want to know something. Is there any difference between the 550 & 2253? Are they the same saw other than color?

I think I read somewhere that some of the J-reds are detuned,,,,whatever that means.

Looks like it runs real good. How does it compare to a ported 346/2153? Sounds and looks like a little better torque maybe. I know initially they weren't as strong but maybe you guys are getting better results now?

the 2253 and the 550xp are the same case other than color, same crank, piston, cylinder, intake, carb,clutch ect etc. the only real difference between the two is the top handle angle ,the top cover,the starter,of coarse the color. they have the same performance and being detuned is a myth.

Any Hints? On the less Known saws.....

We're almost ready to do a thread on an 090 that I've ported. I've also got a 070 that we are turning into an 090 and porting, and want to do them in the same thread. That should be a good thread.

Then we are working on a couple of Remington Super 990s. One of is getting a few new bits, a good tune up, and new paint.

We've also got an 056 Mag and a 045 that we'll make one saw from.

Then on the more modern stuff we will be doing a ported VS stock thread on the MS241C-M like the thread we did on the 261C-M.

Mitch beat me to the Husqvarna T540XP......but I might still do something on that saw.

I've done so many ported saw threads that the thrill of that is long gone for me.......but the odd stuff still gets me excited.

Terry, this may have been covered somewhere deep in the bowels of AS but I want to know something. Is there any difference between the 550 & 2253? Are they the same saw other than color? I think I read somewhere that some of the J-reds are detuned,,,,whatever that means.

Same saw.......and the 545 and the 2252 are the same.

Back