550XP vs MS362

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My omega isn't ambidextrous. It has a large trough for your forearm.

Stainless is a whole lot easier to clean, but I don't mind cleaning. On the bench, I clean after every shot.

That reminds me, I need to go get some more bore butter... I'm out. Now that it's not Afghanistan weather outside, it would be nice to light some sulphur off. I've got the traditions version. It compliments my Lyman Plains rifle and 3rd model Uberti Dragoon quite nicely. :clap:

My omega isn't ambidextrous. It has a large trough for your forearm.

Stainless is a whole lot easier to clean, but I don't mind cleaning. On the bench, I clean after every shot.

My omega shots more accurate with 100gr than with 150. I'm thinking about selling mine to get that new one they came put with a couple years back. Can't remember the name now. I swab mine after every shot too.only way to get the best groups with one. Mine can come choose to 1
Moa groups with 100 gr. It throws bullets all over a target with 150 gr though.

My omega shots more accurate with 100gr than with 150. I'm thinking about selling mine to get that new one they came put with a couple years back. Can't remember the name now. I swab mine after every shot too.only way to get the best groups with one. Mine can come choose to 1
Moa groups with 100 gr. It throws bullets all over a target with 150 gr though.

1 MOA is easy peasy with loose powder. You shooting pellets or loose? If your shooting loose T7 at 150 grains, your way over pressure, as the loose is 15% hotter than pellets.

I've shot a touch over 5lbs thru mine, finding the best powder/sabot/bullet combo. It's almost as addicting as saws....

Stainless Omega with black synthetic thumbhole stock, 130 grains loose Shockeys Gold powder and 250 grain T/C shockwave sabots. Lays out the crop-raiding whitetails very effectively. Love to shoot it.

Ron

Stainless Omega with black synthetic thumbhole stock, 130 grains loose Shockeys Gold powder and 250 grain T/C shockwave sabots. Lays out the crop-raiding whitetails very effectively. Love to shoot it.

Ron

The shockwaves are very accurate out of mine as well. The only fault I found with em is that on two occasions I recovered deer that when shot at close range, the bullet came apart. They both had some major fragmentation. I never did get around to trying the bonded ones, but I suspect that the fragmentation is the reason they starte offering em. I will say though, I put quite a bit of meat down with the shockwaves. :)

I have a 30-06, could give that a try...... :hmm3grin2orange:
What do you think about a 7mmRemMag? Too much? Maybe save that one for a bigger saw :D

Both would work, to put your MS261 out of its misery! :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

A new carb did the trick.

[video=youtube_share;Tp6rRYTR5gg]http://youtu.be/Tp6rRYTR5gg[/video]

So much for the low compression fears. This saw has no squish band mod and only enough of a popup to set the squish without a gasket.

Here's the new 10mm hose from SnapOn.
IMG9347-M.jpg

IMG9346-M.jpg

Compression was 157 hot, and I mean right out of the wood to the bench.

A new carb did the trick.

[video=youtube_share;Tp6rRYTR5gg]http://youtu.be/Tp6rRYTR5gg[/video]

So much for the low compression fears. This saw has no squish band mod and only enough of a popup to set the squish without a gasket.

Here's the new 10mm hose from SnapOn.

IMG9347-M.jpg

IMG9346-M.jpg

Compression was 157 hot, and I mean right out of the wood to the bench.

get it off a truck or order it online?

I don't want to burst your bubble or anything, but that fitting threads much farther into the CC than a plug does. Makes the CC smaller and affects the reading. I put a spacer on mine ;)

I've been reading some of your threads over that past 6 months or so and I came to the following conclusion...

I truly admire your willingness to mess up your own countless number of saws all in the name of gaining knowledge and learning. However, if you want a good, reliable, powerful. ported worker saw I would suggest you send your saw(s) off to a builder who already has the knowledge your striving for.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful at all, as I don't know anything about you other than what you post. I just thought I would let you know how your posts may come across to those of us just browsing around the site.

:cheers:

Back