550xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bogus weight??

I just noticed that the weight limit of the scale you used is 11 lbs, so perhaps we shouldn't place much faith in the weights shown in the photo. :msp_unsure:

Doug

Anyone else think the silver clutch cover is simply hideous?!

I wouldn't say that it's hideous, but it does clash. It would look better if it were the same dark gray used for the chain brake lever (and various other parts). Shouldn't be hard to find matching gray spray paint. :biggrin:

Doug

Yep...verfied the capacity of the scale and it is 5kg (11lbs).

I knew that this question was coming so i tested the scale (when i took the pics) with pushing the saw to when the scale gives an error and there was still some small weight increase possible.

4,9 kg when i should believe the husq. website.

Jan

Last edited:
The 550xp video is on the Canadian site now:msp_thumbsup:. Still doesn't list the 562xp as a model yet :laugh:. Should be getting my 550xp by 2014 or so:bang::laugh:

550 xp

I always used to run the bigger saws. Then I was convinced to buy a 346XP. I loved it. Retired my bigger saws. I recently purchased a 550xp with the auto tune. I find it a little faster and a little stronger than my 346. I found a muffler mod that is being done on the 550XP on line. I tried it on mine and I love my new saw even more. There is no way I would go back to those bigger saws. I noticed no difference in noise levels only an increase in performance and the auto tune picked up the mod flawlessly.

I always used to run the bigger saws. Then I was convinced to buy a 346XP. I loved it. Retired my bigger saws. I recently purchased a 550xp with the auto tune. I find it a little faster and a little stronger than my 346. I found a muffler mod that is being done on the 550XP on line. I tried it on mine and I love my new saw even more. There is no way I would go back to those bigger saws. I noticed no difference in noise levels only an increase in performance and the auto tune picked up the mod flawlessly.

:clap: that's what we like to read!......keep us posted :popcorn:

3.75 is hp (i)

3.8 is hp (m).

Yep, those are the correct conversions. We are splitting hairs here, but I suppose it's worthwhile to share the formal definitions and conversion factors:

(1) "horsepower (imperial)" = "horsepower (mechanical)" = "horsepower (550)"
definition: exactly 550 foot-pounds per second
conversion to watts (approximate): 745.6998716 watts (.7457 kW)
This implies that 1 kW = 1.341022 hp(i)

(2) "horsepower (metric)"
definition: exactly 75 kgf-m per second
conversion to watts (approximate): 735.5 watts (.7355 kW)
This implies that 1 kW = 1.359619 hp(m)

(3) "horsepower (electric)"
definition: exactly 746 watts
This implies that 1 kW = 1.34048257 hp(e)

So does the saw have 3.75hp or 3.8hp? Neither!! All saw manufacturers lie about the power of their saws. :msp_tongue:

Doug

Back