555 problems, no warranty!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motofishman

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Love my 346, and my Stihl top handle and 044, so I had to have a new tech 60cc saw. Bought a new husky 555 in April. The 555 never started or ran perfect out of the box. It was very smooth though. So I just barely used it this spring and don't cut in the summer, to hot. It finally got cooler here in California a couple of weeks ago and I really want to use my new saw, but it just isn't right. After a couple of hours of running, over 2/3 days, it now just starts & dies unless given full throttle. The dealer checked it and says it needs an updated carb, the original is defective over fueling. Husky says not warranty because it ran on the first tank of fuel. If this is how husky deals with their warranty I won't let them screw me again. Does Stihl treat their customers the same way?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Someone is feeding you a line. Find another dealer and call Husqvarna with your serial at the ready.

Love my 346, and my Stihl top handle and 044, so I had to have a new tech 60cc saw. Bought a new husky 555 in April. The 555 never started or ran perfect out of the box. It was very smooth though. So I just barely used it this spring and don't cut in the summer, to hot. It finally got cooler here in California a couple of weeks ago and I really want to use my new saw, but it just isn't right. After a couple of hours of running, over 2/3 days, it now just starts & dies unless given full throttle. The dealer checked it and says it needs an updated carb, the original is defective over fueling. Husky says not warranty because it ran on the first tank of fuel. If this is how husky deals with their warranty I won't let them screw me again. Does Stihl treat their customers the same way?

I can't see if the carb. is defective that Husqvarna would not stand behind the product if the dealer stands behind you. Stihl is much stiffer with warranty repairs then Husqvarna and we're a dealer for both. I say try another dealer.

I'll take you're advice and check with other dealers but, I also called customer service and their response was "carbs are only covered if the doesn't run or run right, right out of the box"

I'll take you're advice and check with other dealers but, I also called customer service and their response was "carbs are only covered if the doesn't run or run right, right out of the box"

A good dealer would make it happen.

Completely not true. Time to talk to a supervisor and a new dealer if possible.

Best of luck.

Any warranty is only as good as the man standing behind it. Is this dealer the one that sold you the saw? Did you pay for it with a credit card? Credit card billback would suck for him. If the saw really has only a couple of hours on it, and not abused, that should be obvious to a dealer. Don't get mad, but get what's right.

This may help

Owner's Manuals & Parts Lookup

Download the 555/560/562 Owner's Manual and read page 40. It clearly states this saw is warrantied to the original purchaser for both parts and labor for a period of 2 years. It does not cover abuse. However in this case, as there are no screws to turn I doubt they can make a case for that.

It sounds to me like you need another dealer or this one is trying to double dip you, ie getting both you and Husky to pay him for the warranty work. A local dealer here was doing that a few years back before he went under in order to obtain extra cash. I know he got nailed by the State and I'm sure Husky wasn't pleased either.

I would bring a copy of the warranty and the dated sales slip to either this dealer and / or another and get your saw repaired.

Take Care

Today's update. Saturday went to dealer he restated carb is defective, and he is aware of service bulletin from Husqvarna. He said to get payed by husky they have to authorize repairs, and the warranty tech at husky said they will not pay to replace/repair carb. The dealer is to recall husky warranty department Monday and have them call me. Guy's I need your help! I need exact examples of 555's only that ran out of the box and the carb failed after a few hours of operation and Husqvarna replaced it under warranty. It would be great to have copies of repair orders (with personal information blocked if needed). Yea I can I can take my saw to another dealer and try again, but I get to speak with husky warranty and want to make the most of it.

Today's update. Saturday went to dealer he restated carb is defective, and he is aware of service bulletin from Husqvarna. He said to get payed by husky they have to authorize repairs, and the warranty tech at husky said they will not pay to replace/repair carb. The dealer is to recall husky warranty department Monday and have them call me. Guy's I need your help! I need exact examples of 555's only that ran out of the box and the carb failed after a few hours of operation and Husqvarna replaced it under warranty. It would be great to have copies of repair orders (with personal information blocked if needed). Yea I can I can take my saw to another dealer and try again, but I get to speak with husky warranty and want to make the most of it.

Something is still really not right here. If there's a SERVICE BULLETIN about something, that means its a known problem, and a problem for which there is a remedy when saws are experiencing the problem in the service bulletin.

I still think this guy is trying to #### you around. 99% of Dealers would have no issue sorting your saw out.

The one thing, is maybe, this guy and or his tech are just assuming that you left real stale gas in it and it got gummed up. Those sorts of situations are typically not covered under warranty, and husqvarna, depending on who you spoke to, may be used to just saying that carb issues are not covered under warranty because everyone from lowes buys saws and then leaves gas in them for a year gets the carb gummed up and wants them fixed for free...

I'm sure you just overlooked my earlier question. Is this the dealer you bought the saw from?

Something is still really not right here. If there's a SERVICE BULLETIN about something, that means its a known problem, and a problem for which there is a remedy when saws are experiencing the problem in the service bulletin.

I still think this guy is trying to #### you around. 99% of Dealers would have no issue sorting your saw out.

The one thing, is maybe, this guy and or his tech are just assuming that you left real stale gas in it and it got gummed up. Those sorts of situations are typically not covered under warranty, and husqvarna, depending on who you spoke to, may be used to just saying that carb issues are not covered under warranty because everyone from lowes buys saws and then leaves gas in them for a year gets the carb gummed up and wants them fixed for free...

Worth repeating!!!

And even after the service bulletin and all the other crap they told you (which should obviously be enough), if it's under warranty it shouldn't matter. It doesn't run right, they need to fix it. Period. If that means a new carb then so be it.

No, it isn't typical at all - and there is a service bulletin out on the early carbs.

That "dealer" simply isn't doing his job properly! :censored:

he may have the new carb. already which is what that bulletin is about. If they open up the carb. and there is ethanol damage present it is not a warranty issue. If Husqvarna is denying a claim then the dealer is telling them they think you did something wrong or the dealer has a bad rep. with warranty.

You have a dealer issue, Husky will stand behind their product and it should be covered under warranty. At the dealer I work at we sell two other brands, and the warranty is often only as good as the dealer. This week sold a guy a MS250C, he takes it home runs one tank thru it and brings it back in, says it won't run. I look it over, bar oil tank is dry, gas tank is full of bar oil. He had cranked it enough to pull bar oil completely thru the carb. Should warranty have covered it, no, but we took the carb apart, ran it thru the ultra sonic cleaner, put a kit in it and had him running in less than an hour. We cover operation, maintainance and care with each new saw buyer, it was totally on him, but at our dealership we will go the extra mile for the customer. We have not had one claim denied with either Stihl or Echo since I've been there and that is what the owner of the shops expierence is, we just ate the labor and carb kit, took care of the customer and I bet he'll be back for other purchases.
You just need to find yourself another dealer, Husky will take care of their customer's as well as any saw company, sounds like you got one that just cares about the sale.

Latest posts

Back