555 vs 562xp how about it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that's interesting they're so close in actual weight. Maybe a 562 is in my future with a 3/4 wrap handle of course.

needed info

thanks for spending your time helping guys, lotta things for us to stew over .rep for who I am able to give it to.:hmm3grin2orange::msp_thumbup:

Last edited:
Thanks tk for the weight of the 555. I got one 2 weeks ago and plan on running it for the first time on saturday and the book says to run it for 3-5 minutes in a log at full throttle for it to tune itself . My question is when it has been tuned and i shut it off and say i use it the next day does it need to relearn itself or is it have some type of memory in it? Thanks .

Off topic but is that the break in procedure on a 555, just drop it on a log and giverhell or is there a better method?

Before too long Mike and I will have an in depth review
of these bad boys. Were gonna run em head to head

Thanks sunfish. The book says nothing else but how to tune it. I spent hours searching the forums on the autotune feature and couldnt find out.

Thanks tk for the weight of the 555. I got one 2 weeks ago and plan on running it for the first time on saturday and the book says to run it for 3-5 minutes in a log at full throttle for it to tune itself . My question is when it has been tuned and i shut it off and say i use it the next day does it need to relearn itself or is it have some type of memory in it? Thanks .

Off topic but is that the break in procedure on a 555, just drop it on a log and giverhell or is there a better method?

Once and done like others have said, unless there is a change in conditions. Say the last time you used the saw it was 90* outside, and now its 10* out - you may wanna give it a chance to adjust. Clean the carb, let it adjust. You get the idea. Good to go for the most part. The saw will set itself properly even if you don't just go wail on it for 3-5 minutes, but it will take longer to do it properly. Highly recommended to run the carb set procedure, the saw will be more enjoyable in a matter of moments that way.

Thanks guys . I have a ash tree that fell last year that is 2ft across that is perfect for this . Can someone tell me the part# for the clutch cover spike on the 555? :smile2:

Hey Mitch Mweba have you been able to get a MS 362 yet to run against the 555 and 562? Would like to see how it stacks up. This tri 5 is the cats meow if you ask me!

Last edited:
Not yet. I have a 361 on the way but haven't found the right deal on a 62.

The comparison function on Husqvarna's website shows some differences that I don't think are accurate. According to the table, compared to the 562xp the 555 lacks:

Adjustable oil pump
Quick-release air filter
Combined choke/stop control
RevBoost™
Side-mounted chain tensioner

I'm pretty sure RevBoost and the air filter are correct, but the rest?

Ignition,cylinder,crank stuffers(62), high output oiler on the 62,filter,top cover, AV limiter strap and large bar mount(62). May
Have missed something....

Latest posts

Back