560 XP toast

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah...it's just one of of those "thangs" that a lot of folks don't understand..'no biggie'...

Just that 'homeowners' can buy a 'Pro' saw and NOT use it commercially...and still get the premium warranty.
(it confuses a lot of folks...so now you know.."the rest of the story"...per Paul Harvey)

I "ate some crow" earlier today..but 'zogger' says down his way...they're fatter..and much more tender..:msp_thumbup:
:cheers:
J2F

roast crow stuffed with possum giblets..yum!

Yeah...it's just one of of those "thangs" that a lot of folks don't understand..'no biggie'...

Just that 'homeowners' can buy a 'Pro' saw and NOT use it commercially...and still get the premium warranty.
(it confuses a lot of folks...so now you know.."the rest of the story"...per Paul Harvey)

I "ate some crow" earlier today..but 'zogger' says down his way...they're fatter..and much more tender..:msp_thumbup:
J2F

A yr ago that wasnt available. I seen Feb 2013 was when it went into affect.

Maybe thats why my dealer ended up covering everything anyhow? Either way. I want a 550xp with a 4 yr warranty :rock:

Yup it was a bit stupid taking it apart ...as for the serial number its kinda hard to make out but you might be able to get what your looking for ...View attachment 306598 You could say i was a newbie ..... only young yet ...

Yup it was a bit stupid taking it apart ...as for the serial number its kinda hard to make out but you might be able to get what your looking for ...View attachment 306598 You could say i was a newbie ..... only young yet ...
Well Luke...we live and we learn as the saying goes...If ya got it put back perfectly...then the dealer and company likely

won't know that you tore it down..?? If you didn't get it back perfectly...you may be 'screwed' and 'SOL'...

I hope it works out for you...anyways...please keep us posted on what Husky decides to do..!!
J2F

Part of the number is behind the handlebar, but I believe I see enough to say the saw is from 2012 week 7 - meaning it is an early one.

I am thinking that an air leak is the most likely reason at this point, if you are sure there wasn't an issue with the fuel.

At some point "someone" was going to have to tear it down to repair it. Maybe the dealer will stand behind you, if they dont, i'll bet you wont be buying an Autotune anytime in the future.

I don't believe auto tune is the cause here...

Thanks for all the help .... I put it back together and it started like normal just wouldnt tick over so that should be a sign that it has been put back together properly . Even if they know, my dealer would hopefully say it was him that took it apart ,if thats all they know warranty hopefully wont be void.

I don't believe auto tune is the cause here...

I'll give him the benefit of doubt that he had mix oil in his fresh fuel, sharp chain that's not on backwards, and a clean air filter. I like the rest of ya would like to know the cause also. Good news is, he can start his saw, no operator error there.

At some point "someone" was going to have to tear it down to repair it. Maybe the dealer will stand behind you, if they dont, i'll bet you wont be buying an Autotune anytime in the future.

Yup neither do I have my eyes peeled for a nice 372xp cant fault my dads after 7 years of proffesional use day in day out :msp_thumbup:

I'll give him the benefit of doubt that he had mix oil in his fresh fuel, sharp chain that's not on backwards, and a clean air filter. I like the rest of ya would like to know the cause also. Good news is, he can start his saw, no operator error there.

What I'm saying is, it could have been a bad carb, air leak, etc. Don't think the AT was the prob.

To the OP, next time leave the saw together. Diagnosing a pre tear down failure, afterwards is near impossible.

This is one of the ones nobody will ever know what happened.

We can sleuth as much as we want with the data in the AT module, however will only lead to assumptions as there in no means to verify the readings after a teardown.

With respect to warranty, as the AT Module records run time, the distinction between homeowner, pro and commercial user can get very tight.

Thankfully it get cold here, and most people have to cut a lot of wood to stay warm, a farmer cutting 8-10 full cord a year to stay warm in most cases put more hours on a saw than a professional logger.

What I'm saying is, it could have been a bad carb, air leak, etc. Don't think the AT was the prob.

A faulty carb is more likely on an older one (as this is) than on a later one.

Also there is a chance that the case bolts may have backed out, creating an air leak.

Thanks for all the help .... I put it back together and it started like normal just wouldnt tick over so that should be a sign that it has been put back together properly . Even if they know, my dealer would hopefully say it was him that took it apart ,if thats all they know warranty hopefully wont be void.

Who is your dealer, and where are you located? I am over in Tipp, but I visit Dub and Wicklow often.

Im down here in Cork near Bantry ...well igot it back anyways .. my dealer said husqvarna wouldnt do anything with it so he did it himself . New piston and rings and honed the cylinder ...turns out the cylinder wasnt scored it was just transfer of the piston that made it appear to be scored ....damn my untrained eyes hahaha. Anyway im just glad to have it back. Give the solo a bit of a break :hmm3grin2orange::msp_thumbup:

Im down here in Cork near Bantry ...well igot it back anyways .. my dealer said husqvarna wouldnt do anything with it so he did it himself . New piston and rings and honed the cylinder ...turns out the cylinder wasnt scored it was just transfer of the piston that made it appear to be scored ....damn my untrained eyes hahaha. Anyway im just glad to have it back. Give the solo a bit of a break :hmm3grin2orange::msp_thumbup:

that's cool, but you still don't know what happened in the first place? Did the dealer do a pressure and vacuum test on it with the new parts installed?

Back