560 XP toast

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He was going to take it back to the dealer...as you know...and that was many pages back..!!

I can only guess the dealer does NOT have the Husky diagnostic program to check the problem out..??

Anyways...it shouldn't take this long for an answer - I think Husky should just give him a new saw..!!
(dealer sends Husky the saw...they figure it out - OP has new saw - and all dealers that are selling the
AT saws should have the diagnostic program to get it diagnosed and repaired promptly..like within days..!!)

I'm not knocking Husky..but..Stihl's 441 C/M either doesn't have many problems..or are repaired promptly...
or are given a new saw...I don't know which one it is..?? - And of course.maybe the OP just didn't reply back..??
:cheers:
J2F

Husqvarna won't be giving him anything after taking the saw apart. That's considered tampering and that voids the warranty from any company. He's unfortunately going to fix or replace the saw on his own dime.

The saw is 7 months old, sparkplug looks the same as the one above ... it is being sent back t a main dealer tommorow ... my diagnosis is the carbon flaking from the cylinder ...but i cant be sure

The saw is 7 months old, sparkplug looks the same as the one above ... it is being sent back t a main dealer tommorow ... my diagnosis is the carbon flaking from the cylinder ...but i cant be sure

I hate to say it but you'll be paying out of pocket on this. If you have them repair it you'll be looking at almost the same cost of a new saw. Hope you get this worked out

Husqvarna won't be giving him anything after taking the saw apart. That's considered tampering and that voids the warranty from any company. He's unfortunately going to fix or replace the saw on his own dime.
Well...It's crow again tonight for the fat rooster...I don't remember seeing the OP posting that pic..??

It's 7months old and under warranty...soo why would he do that.??

Are you sure you haven't gotten some threads mixed up here...could you give me a page #..?? - thanks..!!

If you are right about the pic..of course the OP is screwed..this thread wouldn't go this long if the pic was relevant..!!
J2F

Proof is in the puddin
Damn I am so sick of eating crow...'zogger' says down his way...they're fatter and more tender..:msp_wink:

I just don't remember that pic on this thread...but there's a lot of things I don't remember...:msp_unsure:

And thanks for the post # Ken..!!! - If he did that ..then he's 'toast'..Husky will throw him under the bus..!!
J2F

Last edited:

Anyways...it shouldn't take this long for an answer - I think Husky should just give him a new saw..!!
(dealer sends Husky the saw...they figure it out - OP has new saw - and all dealers that are selling the

J2F

That statement makes me think that you see this as the OP wanted us to. However, his story is too "iffy" for several reasons, so that simply is not going to happen with most of us! :msp_wink:

That statement makes me think that you see this as the OP wanted us to. However, his story is too "iffy" for several reasons, so that simply is not going to happen with most of us! :msp_wink:
SawTroll...I was in error on my statements..

I don't remember seeing that pic..but if he did tear it down..'forget about it'..!!- Husky won't help him...why should they..??

I really feel like an idiot especially after posting how Husky should give him a new saw and the other stuff...

I guess the dude is a 'newbe' and posting that pic was like "cutting your own throat"...so to speak.

Why with it only being 7 months old..??...well...I was young once...many years ago...and did some quite dumb stuff..!!
J2F

He still should turn it in to the dealer - the dealer may at least be able to find out what happened, if he is a good one.
Well...going by post #124...the OP has taken it to his dealer and they are now gonna send it to a 'major' dealer..??

I would guess this 'major dealer' will have the 'AT diagnostic software program to analysis the problem..??

Time will tell..maybe..??
J2F

Well...going by post #124...the OP has taken it to his dealer and they are now gonna send it to a 'major' dealer..??

I would guess this 'major dealer' will have the 'AT diagnostic software program to analysis the problem..??

Time will tell..maybe..??
J2F

I still wonder when the saw was made (serial number) - that means a difference regarding what could be the reason (unless it was operator error).

The OP is not supplying much info at all...all is very vague..IMO..

He supposedly doesn't have the saw...but his receipt should show it...it's his call..."don't hold your breath" for that #
J2F

Did you happen to look at the seals?

Had a 562 that was in the shop for 2 months. Clutch side bearing blew up, cutting seal, and destroying piston and cyl.

Before it went into shop. It would start. Idle, then die when throttle was touched.

As for this comment..........

In both my AT's, I've decided (for now) to run nothing but Husky pre-mix (took advantage of the 4-yr warranty). I'm hoping that this eliminates or severely reduces the occurrence of fuel mix problems. Plus, since I'm not a professional sawyer and my saws might sit for a month or two, I won't have to worry about stale fuel and the wretched ethanol troubles.

If you are referring to your 550xp and 562xp. That warranty only applies to Homeowner saws. Not a homeowner who buys a Pro saw. Pro saws (anything carrying the XP logo) has a 6 month warranty.

I got lucky in the fact that Husq covered everything for me. This was almost 1 yr after purchase. But, they thought it was AT related. That's what took 2 months to get it back.

I suspect an air leak. The seals on these saw are the oddest things I have seen. They are not a standard seal. They attach themselves to the bearing. They are one piece. It looks like a good system. But also like it would be prone to air leaks.

The OP is not supplying much info at all...all is very vague..IMO..

He supposedly doesn't have the saw...but his receipt should show it...it's his call..."don't hold your breath" for that #
J2F

As it is, the thread just smells bad - but that may change if he comes up with some facts......:confused:

If you are referring to your 550xp and 562xp. That warranty only applies to Homeowner saws. Not a homeowner who buys a Pro saw. Pro saws (anything carrying the XP logo) has a 6 month warranty.
Not true. The XP's are covered for non-commercial use.

Consumers who purchase two-stroke gasoline powered Husqvarna branded handheld products, including: chainsaws, blowers, hedge trimmers, pole pruners/saws and trimmers, for non-income producing personal use or household purposes, excluding commercial, agricultural, retail, industrial and rental usage types, can extend their product warranty from the standard 2 years to either a 3 year or 4 year limited warranty.

Chainsaws

240, 240e, 435, 440e, 316E, 338XPT, T435, T540, 445, 450e, 450, 545, 455 Rancher, 455 AutoTune, 455e, 460 Rancher, 365, 365W, 555 AutoTune, 346XP, 346XP TrioBrake, 346XPG, 550XP TrioBrake, 550XP, 550XPG, 562XP AutoTune, 562XPG, 562XPW, 562XPGW, 372XP, 372XPG, 372XPGW, 372XPW, 576XP, 576XPG, 576XPGW, 576XPW, 576XP AutoTune, 576XPW AutoTune, 390XP, 390XPG, 390XPW, 395XP, 395XPG, 395XPW, 3120XP

Well... Here is my foot in my mouth!! Tu Chet!

I just went through a great ordeal because I have an XP and am a homeowner who uses it recreationally.

Makes me want that 550xp even more now!!
Yeah...it's just one of of those "thangs" that a lot of folks don't understand..'no biggie'...

Just that 'homeowners' can buy a 'Pro' saw and NOT use it commercially...and still get the premium warranty.
(it confuses a lot of folks...so now you know.."the rest of the story"...per Paul Harvey)

I "ate some crow" earlier today..but 'zogger' says down his way...they're fatter..and much more tender..:msp_thumbup:
J2F

Latest posts

Back