562xp dead after 1hr - what should I expect?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty much par for the game, I keep hearing the 562 is fixed, but...
I just checked and the saw's a 2019 model so beware of even the new models! On the flip side of 562's, though, I worked at a saw shop that had a local tree service bring their saws in. To give you an idea of the life these saws lived, the air filters would be packed full of junk, there were a few pretty new Stihl 461's of theirs in the boneyard that had died from dirt incursion, and saws that were only a few years old looked worse than all of the old 288/2100's and 056/075's that I've seen. Anyways, they also ran 562's and not one 562 was in the boneyard and they never needed anything beyond an air filter cleaning to the best of my knowledge. So, there may just be some bad apples in the batch, or a few exemplary ones.

I remember when the 550 and 562 came here, broke everyone’s heart, and continue to.
They were light, nimble and easy to handle, they simply didn’t work,
as said, bog off idle, starting issues cold and hot, transfper covers leaking, bolts
falling out, scorched cylinder and pistons, and Husqvarna blamed the fuel for what
they did do themselves, and yet people defend them because an odd one in a certain
environment worked out.

I just checked and the saw's a 2019 model so beware of even the new models! On the flip side of 562's, though, I worked at a saw shop that had a local tree service bring their saws in. To give you an idea of the life these saws lived, the air filters would be packed full of junk, there were a few pretty new Stihl 461's of theirs in the boneyard that had died from dirt incursion, and saws that were only a few years old looked worse than all of the old 288/2100's and 056/075's that I've seen. Anyways, they also ran 562's and not one 562 was in the boneyard and they never needed anything beyond an air filter cleaning to the best of my knowledge. So, there may just be some bad apples in the batch, or a few exemplary ones.
Yep, near impossible to get operators that give a dam, but I wouldn’t hire the likes
to watch my saws destroyed by them, it doesn’t pay, and it encourages the morons
to keep on destroying.

No doubt. I work on local tree service equipment and the saws often com in trashed, zero maintenance.

LOL don't look now somebody calling someone out on the internet.[emoji42] I have nothing to prove, I've done so over the past 16 years. You're basically calling me a liar, so take care.[emoji8]

Sigh.. First it is the petty name calling. Now its out right false accusations of things I did not do. I did not call you a liar. I have no need to call you a liar.

Yep, and people still keep defending them, but it’s possible to sell any crap in this generation,
years ago your product spoke for its self, it said something about you, just look at how many
of the older designed and built products are still going decades later.
Its just a race to grab your cash now, the bean crunchers couldn’t give a dam, it’s a war between
them making the most money or making a good product, Husqvarna lost a lot of rounds, and are only just
taking back ground with their latest saws, the 562, there are many better saws in that class, I don’t think
you could take a bigger gamble than buying the 562, it can’t be fixed, too many design flaws.
Is the new Husqvarna as trouble free as the older ones. I’m collecting and rebuilding the older Husqvarna saws from the 70’s and up.

Back