562XP Project - Who Likes Puzzles?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well besides the pawls and a meteor piston, everything else has been oem. Sorry you lost interest, but as said above, this was on the second saw, the one I referred to as "the free saw" built from spare parts.

I made the pawls, because $15 was more than I could justify for something I could make in my garage in an hour.

I do find it interesting how little aftermarket parts I've actually found for these saws.

Yah, aftermarket starter pawls. It'll never run right now.:laughing:
View attachment 782112
You wanted me to watch this and "learn" how a person can build an OEM saw with high quality for less cost. I get it, but when we start manufacturing the parts to save money, it is no longer an OEM build... Am I wrong about that? I mean sh1t, I have a 3d printer, would it be ok for me to manufacture my own covers and call it OEM. I have to draw a line where it needs to be drawn. All you want to do is make fuggin jokes about low quality aftermarket crap... Wtf is that considered then? I wanted to watch this and had an open mind but screw that, I'm not comparing aftermarket cost and quality to homemade "OEM" parts. It's almost like taking parts from a damn weed eater and building a new "OEM" saw. You keep your opinion, I will keep mine, I'm done pissing with you. As far as I am concerned you are one of the biggest hypocrites on this site. Everyone in the world is an idiot except for you.... Unless they agree with you of course.

Well besides the pawls and a meteor piston, everything else has been oem. Sorry you lost interest, but as said above, this was on the second saw, the one I referred to as "the free saw" built from spare parts.

I made the pawls, because $15 was more than I could justify for something I could make in my garage in an hour.

I do find it interesting how little aftermarket parts I've actually found for these saws.
I 100% agree with what you did, and honestly I would have done the same thing. My comment was not intended to belittle your build or you in any way. Good luck with your build and enjoy your saws.

You wanted me to watch this and "learn" how a person can build an OEM saw with high quality for less cost. I get it, but when we start manufacturing the parts to save money, it is no longer an OEM build... Am I wrong about that? I mean sh1t, I have a 3d printer, would it be ok for me to manufacture my own covers and call it OEM. I have to draw a line where it needs to be drawn. All you want to do is make fuggin jokes about low quality aftermarket crap... Wtf is that considered then? I wanted to watch this and had an open mind but screw that, I'm not comparing aftermarket cost and quality to homemade "OEM" parts. It's almost like taking parts from a damn weed eater and building a new "OEM" saw. You keep your opinion, I will keep mine, I'm done pissing with you. As far as I am concerned you are one of the biggest hypocrites on this site. Everyone in the world is an idiot except for you.... Unless they agree with you of course.
Whatever man. Phucking STARTER PAWLS!?!??!??:laughing:

I 100% agree with what you did, and honestly I would have done the same thing. My comment was not intended to belittle your build or you in any way. Good luck with your build and enjoy your saws.
I appreciate it, and I apologize if I ever gave the impression I was building an oem saw to compare to the cost of a kit saw. But the first saw is still an oem saw besides the meteor piston, which I only got because I couldnt find an oem piston by itself, they only wanted to sell a cylinder kit. The second saw is an extra bonus, which I why I decided to make parts instead of buying them.

The first saw will be an oem build and I will do more updating, I'm just tinkering in the garage while I wait for parts.

If you don't like what you see than **** off instead of messing up this fine thread.

My god people are totally delusional, and in love with themselves.[emoji17]

The saws under 70cc always seem to have less AM parts available. My guess is people and tree removal companies who run smaller saws don't work on them like a logger might, so when they get to a point of needing major repairs the get tossed out. And dealers will never a saw like these, they just want the easy stuff that makes them money, which I totally understand. Also the market has shifted, the saws being made are not intended to last like the models of past, so support in the long term is not going to be there IMHO. We are seeing the last generations of gasoline powered saws right now.[emoji111]

If you don't like what you see than **** off instead of messing up this fine thread.

My god people are totally delusional, and in love with themselves.[emoji17]
The pissing match is not with you and I never sought to mess up the thread, that came from a different source.

The pissing match is not with you and I never sought to mess up the thread, that came from a different source.
I'm just getting tired of seeing this stuff lately. There was no reason for you to say what you did, other than you like to hear your voice.

Sorry folks, guess I'll shut up now.[emoji111]

I'm just getting tired of seeing this stuff lately. There was no reason for you to say what you did, other than you like to hear your voice.

Sorry folks, guess I'll shut up now.[emoji111]
As am I. I will apologize for the sake of this thread. Please continue.

Well I did some adding, and it looks like my free saw isnt going to be very free. After totalling up everything that I'm missing, it looks like it will be another $150. And thats if the carbs and coils can be matched up.

So all in for two 562xps, without bars and chains, my total will be way more than I expected. And Now I wish I didnt add it up. :lol:

Anyway, total cost for both saws is $554.26! :wtf:Not sure how the parts added up to that cost so fast, but unfortunately they did. In the long run, It may make more sense to buy one new.

With that said, I could've kept the cost down by reusing more parts. I didnt need a new piston ring, didnt need to use new bearings, could've reused the piston, I bought two gasket sets, before I decided to buy a new crankcase, etc. So the cost could've been kept down, but I want good running saws I dont have to worry about.

Plus, the lack of aftermarket support for this model saw sure didnt help any as everything had to be oem. But then again, one of these saws is around $800 so that's how I will justify it to myself.

Wish I could find another parts saw, as the majority of the cost is in little crap that Husqvarna charges an arm and a leg for.

I usually sell all the extras but one saw, keeps the "project" reasonable. If you're building two simultaneously the extra time for the second is cut way down.
Yeah, I had thought to do that. I honestly have several saws I should sell, but I dont like to let them go.

It looks like the first saw will cost me about $250, so the cost for each will be about the same. Maybe I will sell the second saw and then I wont be so much into the first one. Or maybe I will do some trading for some guns. :happybanana:

At $250 per saw I'd say you done good.

When I build a saw from unknown places I replace anything I dont like.

Even if its $300 per saw you won't buy a used one for that and a used saw can be a gamble, this way you know whats inside each saw you have.

I've cut corners on a couple builds and it ended up biting me in the ass, then I'm wasting time taking the saw apart and replacing stuff i should of done the first time.

As for your home made starter pawls, if they get you up amd running and fail down the line the $15 will happily be spent on them once you've put some miles on the saw..

Good job on the manufacture of the parts. It takes a lot of creativity and skill to be able to find stock and make what you need when necessary.

That being said, I was watching this build thread to compare an OEM build to an aftermarket build, I wanted to compare pricing and see how it turned out in the end, however if we are now manufacturing parts that no longer qualifies as a comparison in my opinion. No disrespect to you intended, and I am absolutely certain that it will work out just as good as an original... But I'm no longer interested as the comparison has changed.
Good luck with the build, and congratulations on the find, I hope it all goes well for you.
Or just add $15 to the finish cost of his build.

Floyd,
Ingenuity is the mother of all invention. Great job on the home-shop pawls

Well I did some adding, and it looks like my free saw isnt going to be very free. After totalling up everything that I'm missing, it looks like it will be another $150. And thats if the carbs and coils can be matched up.

So all in for two 562xps, without bars and chains, my total will be way more than I expected. And Now I wish I didnt add it up. [emoji38]

Anyway, total cost for both saws is $554.26! :wtf:Not sure how the parts added up to that cost so fast, but unfortunately they did. In the long run, It may make more sense to buy one new.

With that said, I could've kept the cost down by reusing more parts. I didnt need a new piston ring, didnt need to use new bearings, could've reused the piston, I bought two gasket sets, before I decided to buy a new crankcase, etc. So the cost could've been kept down, but I want good running saws I dont have to worry about.

Plus, the lack of aftermarket support for this model saw sure didnt help any as everything had to be oem. But then again, one of these saws is around $800 so that's how I will justify it to myself.

Wish I could find another parts saw, as the majority of the cost is in little crap that Husqvarna charges an arm and a leg for.

[emoji106] Exactly what I meant buy doing this for fun and learning more than anything else. If this was a Stihl you would have been upside down in cost with oem parts, Husqvarna parts are far less expensive.

In the end you now know these saws inside out for the most part, so I would look at it positively for the learning experience. But from a practical standpoint it's almost never monetarily or time wise worth rebuilding a modern saw that is this far gone. Again practicality is not the point for us saw nerds. My concern is the carburetors, unfortunately that may end up being a headache and some more $ cross our fingers.[emoji4]

But yeah if you know the right place, a new 562 can be had for about $650-$700 and that still has a warranty for whatever that's worth.

This has been a really nice build thread so far, can't wait to see these saws up and running.[emoji869]

Merry Christmas everyone.[emoji268]

Latest posts

Back