562XP Questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed! and therein lies the rub. Will we have these issues down the road?

If this autotune is going to replace our trusty screwdrivers, when purchasing an autotune saw, the purchaser should receive ALL the software updates and the USB dongle interface, so that we can tweak these things as effortlessly as we've been used to doing ourselves. Hence the fear and loathing from many about going this route.

If I could buy a 562XP today WITH the diagnostic tool software and dongle interface, and receive full access to patches and upgrades via the Internet, I would rush out and get one immediately and I would hail this innovation as a brilliant upgrade. Barring this long shot option, it would seem the dealers might have more potential to benefit from this technology 'innovation', than the saw owners . At least until proven otherwise.

- - -
Truth be know that most owners and many dealers lack the ability to competently work on a simple 2-stroke chainsaw. Basic principles of operation aren't even known, but everybody with a screwdriver likes turning it, and changing spark plugs for its always the spark plug.

Autotune will save a great many a saw from the dreaded death by screwdriver syndrome.

As a dealer, from a dealer standpoint, and having dealings with AT saws since 2009 (we only ever had AT versions of the 576 available up here), Autotune saws very seldomly come back (only one of the Gen 1 AT saws have I ever had to do any work on, and its a yearly thing, but seems Husqvarna Russia spec models have a fix so I wont have to change out the inlet pipe annually, and buddy saw owner cuts in the nastiest weather). My greatest workload on saws less than 4 years old is from the 400 series and Stihls.

Based on what I have read & learned on this site & the info just posted, I have no concerns at all with the future of my 562. I really like the feel, the build quality, the location & ease of use of all adjustments, & the service from my dealer. Many times I have read that a dealer just started replacing parts without proper testing on these saws. The fact that he went looking, specifically by pressure & vac testing, to find the source of the trouble was very encouraging & the main reason I "stuck it out". I will post further updates as I put some serious use on it. So far mine is the only one out of about 15 he has sold that has come back with any problems, & it looks as though he has solved them.

Good to know ... thanks.

-

Truth be know that most owners and many dealers lack the ability to competently work on a simple 2-stroke chainsaw. Basic principles of operation aren't even known, but everybody with a screwdriver likes turning it, and changing spark plugs for its always the spark plug.

Autotune will save a great many a saw from the dreaded death by screwdriver syndrome.

As a dealer, from a dealer standpoint, and having dealings with AT saws since 2009 (we only ever had AT versions of the 576 available up here), Autotune saws very seldomly come back (only one of the Gen 1 AT saws have I ever had to do any work on, and its a yearly thing, but seems Husqvarna Russia spec models have a fix so I wont have to change out the inlet pipe annually, and buddy saw owner cuts in the nastiest weather). My greatest workload on saws less than 4 years old is from the 400 series and Stihls.

also good to know - thanks
-

It's time to update this thread. For the most recent info refer to posts nos. 137 & 140 on page 7. After the carb reset the saw was put to the wood. There was no change. The bog-hesitation-stall issue was still there. Back to the dealer we go, & I demonstrate it for him. He is just as unhappy with the "performance" as I am. He says it is getting a new carb. He orders a new carb & puts it on & does a reset. I should mention here that the original carb & the new one were both EL46s. Out to the woods I go to buck up a red oak which is about 40ft long & ranges from 18-23in dia. There is no change after 2 tanks. The bog-hesitation-stall (3 or 4 times) is still there. Back to the dealer, etc. He calls Husqvarna & talks to a tech who tells him he should have changed the coil when he put on the new carb. I showed him a print out from another thread where an EL48 has been used (obtained directly from Sweden) with complete success, so far. He checked with Husqvarna, & they denied the existance of an EL48?!? Anyway, he obtained a new coil & put it on & did a reset. Off to the woods again, this time to buck up a maple about 45ft long by 18-30in dia. I ran more than 2 tanks through it with no problems. It didn't matter if I went directly from one cut to the next or if I let the saw idle for a few seconds to a couple of minutes between cuts. It performed perfectly & cut like a maniac!! For the record, all of the bucking was done with the 24in B&C. Happy Dance!!

Good to see everyone hashing out this issue, l'm sure Husky will solve this one day. Its kinda a shame to have such an annoying problem on what l think is probably Huskys best model pro saw. They have not dealt with this issue very well but when solved long live the 562xp!

It's time to update this thread. For the most recent info refer to posts nos. 137 & 140 on page 7. After the carb reset the saw was put to the wood. There was no change. The bog-hesitation-stall issue was still there. Back to the dealer we go, & I demonstrate it for him. He is just as unhappy with the "performance" as I am. He says it is getting a new carb. He orders a new carb & puts it on & does a reset. I should mention here that the original carb & the new one were both EL46s. Out to the woods I go to buck up a red oak which is about 40ft long & ranges from 18-23in dia. There is no change after 2 tanks. The bog-hesitation-stall (3 or 4 times) is still there. Back to the dealer, etc. He calls Husqvarna & talks to a tech who tells him he should have changed the coil when he put on the new carb. I showed him a print out from another thread where an EL48 has been used (obtained directly from Sweden) with complete success, so far. He checked with Husqvarna, & they denied the existance of an EL48?!? Anyway, he obtained a new coil & put it on & did a reset. Off to the woods again, this time to buck up a maple about 45ft long by 18-30in dia. I ran more than 2 tanks through it with no problems. It didn't matter if I went directly from one cut to the next or if I let the saw idle for a few seconds to a couple of minutes between cuts. It performed perfectly & cut like a maniac!! For the record, all of the bucking was done with the 24in B&C. Happy Dance!!

I am sure the guys will want to know, is this an updated new model/part number coil?

I am sure the guys will want to know, is this an updated new model/part number coil?

Not that I know of. There is an interesting comment from Terry Syd in another thread about 562 hesitation- bog issues. He questions whether or not the 562 is unusually sensitive to the air gap between the coil & the flywheel.

Show him this

I have Two pretty nice 60cc saws, and I'm not even really a fan of this 'tweener' size, but I'm a little envious of that saw. I suppose that's only because of its geographical rarity. I'm glad you snagged it, and always like to see its pics.

not wishing to rub salt in any wounds of those still struggling with saw issues, but my newer flippy cap model has run flawlessly from day one - I'm closing in on 10th tank of gas. Neighbour I know bought the 562XP off the shelf that was older than mine (pre-flippy cap model) and he has bogging issues.

I've got the flip cap verison and it's never had an issue, I'm not sure how many tanks I've gone through but it's in daily use falling or as a back up running a 32" bar and semi skip chain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I think it is safe to now bring this thread up to date & possibly close it out. If you have been seeing my posts on the "562 hesitation" thread, you are completely up to date. If not, here is the latest info on mine.

The bog problem returned, though not as bad as before, so back to the dealer I went. There was also some pressurization of the fuel tank. After calling Husqvqrna, he called me & said that they were sending out a new fuel tank & vent AND an EL48 carb. When it was done, he did a test run with no problems, but it was a short run. I picked it up &, over a 3 or 4 week period, pretty much gave a thorough testing & evaluation. After being satisfied that I had the new carb calibrated, it was run in 24in cottonwood on a 50 degree day. About 1.5 tanks were used, & no problems were noted. It started in 3 pulls cold, fast idled normally, slow idled normally, & had no hesitation when throttled up whether it had just been started or had made 1 or 2 or 3 or more full length cuts & was at maximum operating temp. It started in 1 pull when warm or hot, every time.

The next time I used it, the outdoor temp was in the low-mid 30s, & I had the gate open. This time the wood was red pine & dry honey locust. About 1 full tank was run through it with the same results as above as far as starting, idling, throttling up, & restarting were concerned. I was particularly careful to warm it up fully & test it for hesitation after allowing it to idle for intervals of 2sec., 10sec., & 30+sec. It responded perfectly to the throttle!

The third time I tested it was back at the dealership. The gate was now closed, & the temp was around 40, if I remember correctly. The test wood was ash, & the results were exactly the same as above. I also had the dealer run it, & it put a big grin on his face!

Before I considered the testing done, I wanted to give it a "colder weather" run. Back to the dealership we went on a day when the outside temp was 16 degrees & the wind was whistling along at 20-30mph. They now had some 36in maple for cutting. This time I left the gate closed. It started in 3 pulls when cold. The fast idle was slower than it had been at warmer temps, & this was considered to be normal. After a proper warm up, it fast idled normally (chain turning) when re-started warm with it set on fast idle. This was done for test purposes & was not needed for the warm re-start. When warm, it starts with 1 pull in the normal run position. Having the gate closed might have resulted in a slightly longer warm up, but it had no effect at all on the performance. After burying the 24in bar for a couple of "long cuts" (they really didn't take very long), the throttling up from idle tests were repeated at the same intervals as above, & the results were exactly the same. :):numberone::dancing:

So far, it seems like the EL48 is the magic bullet!! I was confident enough that my saw was finally a winner, I went ahead & ordered a Tsumura 24in bar to replace the original which was a Husqvarna. It made a BIG difference in balance! The Husky bar weighs 2 3/4lbs., & the Tsumura L&T weighs 2lbs. It now balances almost as well with the 24in as it does with the 20in Techlite!!:):)

wow!.......I love my old school saws. glad you got it figured out. I can't imagine going thru that.
I am going to hug my 372 and 7900

My dealer was an ALL STAR! He did everything, & Huaqvarna followed through. There were times when I wished I had gone with a 372 or 2172. I can tell you that the 562 is one of the nicest saws I have ever run, & I now have complete confidence in it.
Yes, go ahead & hug your 372 & 7900. There is no better feeling to have when you pick up your than to know it will perform as it should.

P1000259.JPG
good to know there are dealers like that within driving distance! Is your dealer near Lansing?

Yes. He is 14mi from home which is near Lake Lansing Rd. & 127. If you would like the name of the dealership & the tech who did the work, send me a PM. I think we are not supposed to list names & addresses on the site unless they are sponsors.

Back