56mag and 660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Results

So what are ya'll thinking?? The 56 Mags were a stronger saw?? Or were they like what I was say about the older saws, just built for tons of grunt??? In hindsight now, after thinking about this and reading from ya'll. Like did it have a 9 pin on the 066 and the 56's have an 8??? There's some factors there that could make a difference I believe... Either way, I got a 56 MagII, I had always run the 56 supers growing up. The Mag II's are stronger, but not by alot, and they are definitely faster saws IMO... I've never touched a 066, so I can't say. If ya'll could choose either, what would it be?? Pro's/Cons??? I've been wanting a 660, and a 9010 too... Everybody wants though now don't they?? hehehehehehe

:popcorn:

Did ya'll find the AV poor on the Mags?? I think it's really good... :confused:

Did ya'll find the AV poor on the Mags?? I think it's really good... :confused:

It's only "good" if the buffers are oil soaked and about to fail:greenchainsaw:

Actually.. I don't find it that bad, for it's age.... but that's what they say about me.

Stronger saw... not really... the 066 replaced it and was a decent match power wise... (as intended).

Last edited:
I like my 056 super its a fun novelty to have around but if I'm doing some serious cuttin my 066 gets the nod. Feels better probably out cuts the 056s and I like its weight and balance better. Yes my 56 is the one saw I have that I notice actually vibrates.

I like my 056 super its a fun novelty to have around but if I'm doing some serious cuttin my 066 gets the nod. Feels better probably out cuts the 056s and I like its weight and balance better. Yes my 56 is the one saw I have that I notice actually vibrates.

Hell, most of my working saws don't even have AV. My 031 feels smooth as silk (with it's old oil soaked AV buffers LOL). It's all perspective...

I have an idea. Sell me your 056 Super for $100.00 shipped and you can buy a couple of chains and air filters for your Serious Cuttin' :cheers: 066!!!

hmph!!!

Man those suckers got some torque though don't they??? I know dudes that would kill for one...

:clap:

I want a 066 just to try for a day...

Hell, most of my working saws don't even have AV. My 031 feels smooth as silk (with it's old oil soaked AV buffers LOL). It's all perspective...

I have an idea. Sell me your 056 Super for $100.00 shipped and you can buy a couple of chains and air filters for your Serious Cuttin' :cheers: 066!!!

Add a few hundred more and maybe. Like I said its a fun saw to have around its my play saw. Sometimes I just cut for fun other times Im working for someone and need to get the job done and cut for hours at a time so I use the lighter 066 and now 460 I just bought. Never said I didnt like it. Luv my 032 it seems nice and smooth another of my play saws.

Man those suckers got some torque though don't they??? I know dudes that would kill for one...

:clap:

I want a 066 just to try for a day...

I'd let you run my 066...........but it'd prolly scare you. It's awesome to feel that 7 hp grunting through a dead white oak log and keep going without a problem. Once you try one of these BIG saws your hooked on power forever.LOLOLOL :greenchainsaw: :cheers:

This is my beast.............lololololololol:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

Back