575xp operation report.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is this a new saw? or did you buy it used?if it's new it has to break in after a few tanks of fuel.

in the furture,roll the log after your 3/4 through it.it will save you hours of aggrivation. don't take lessons from the YouTube instuctors.they will get you in a bad way every time.

also good advice on the chain.once you know you hit something other than wood,you need to stop and sharpen it or replace it.you WILL burn up a lot more than a chain.

Yeah it's new and under warranty. I didn't know how bad I got the bar tip into the ground the first cut I made, I thought I just grazed the snow so I kept going. Thats why I hate cutting on the ground. I would have used the timber hook to roll the log over like I usually do but it was too heavy.

i'm not bashing you or cutting you down.

i just don't want to see you trash an expensive saw.

under warranty or not,some dealers are buy the book and will not repair a saw they think was abused.

I'm not too worried about that, I don't know how a defective oiling system can be called abuse. I didn't even run a full tank of gas through the thing!

Yep.. Husky has that 14 day "bring it back" policy :greenchainsaw:

na.. just get it fixed... but if they given you any run-around, use the "I'm bringing it back" card.

Last edited:
Hey guy no worries. Don't let anyone here tell you they havn't made mistakes before. If the oiler is bad getter fixed by warrenty. Even the best saw makers have there flaws once in awhile.

I will call the dealer sometime tomorrow and tell him whats going on with it, he'll probably have me bring it in, I don;t want to run it if the oiler isn't working right, maybe he knows something about it that I don't

sounds like a piece of sh*t to me!!!! i hate 575's!!! y would a saw manufacturer make an oiler that would drain the oil pump before the saw runs out of fuel???:dizzy:

ummm...need to watch where that tip is on that long bar...:dizzy: (i bet that 575 pulled that about like a ford fiesta hooked to a 45' stepdeck trailer with a 30,000lb log skidder on it!!)

sounds like a piece of sh*t to me!!!! i hate 575's!!! y would a saw manufacturer make an oiler that would drain the oil pump before the saw runs out of fuel???:dizzy:

ummm...need to watch where that tip is on that long bar...:dizzy: (i bet that 575 pulled that about like a ford fiesta hooked to a 45' stepdeck trailer with a 30,000lb log skidder on it!!)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :cheers: :cheers:

Actually it didn't pull that great, I don't think the original chain was all that sharp, it seems a lot sharper now that I filed it myself, I will give it another shot next weekend.

ive ran 575's, 440's 372's, 441's and 460's..(which are all remotely in the same clase-or weight(not being technical)) ive never had them on the scale but i think the 575 is a heavy, underpowered turd for what it is supposed to be...if im lugging that weight it is gonna be a 460, no questions asked. if you wanted a husky i'd have gotten a 372 for that size of saw. broke the starter pulley yet? (get a spare)

alright...im done crucifying the 575(even tho i do hate them!!). if you like it and the dealer treats you right and it works out in the end..that is what matters:cheers:

Actually it didn't pull that great, I don't think the original chain was all that sharp, it seems a lot sharper now that I filed it myself, I will give it another shot next weekend.

It's to bad somebody has to learn about their saw the hard way. Experience is not cheap. However, one would think you should have a little more time behind the wheel before telling others that their equipment is no good.

It's to bad somebody has to learn about their saw the hard way. Experience is not cheap. However, one would think you should have a little more time behind the wheel before telling others that their equipment is no good.

+1 about learning the hard way!!

Last edited:
Very good point!

.... Is the 28" bar your only bar for the saw? A 20" bar will cut most wood you will enounter except for the occasional big stump. The long bar will make the saw feel off balance, heavy, and as you found out its easier to hit the ground and other junk with the bar tip on a big bar. .....

That is very true when bucking, and one of the reasons I prefere relatively short bars!

:)

I wonder if there is something wrong with the oiling system then, because the manual specifys turning the oiler screw out 5 turns for using a 28" bar. It was turned out 3 1/2 turns from the dealer, I turned it in one turn and will try it again.

First, I am not sure if this applies to the 575, but Husky has had an error in their manuals regarding how to adjust the oiler. They used the word "turns" instead of "clicks" which made the instruction meant as "turn the oiler 3 clicks counter-clock-wise" read "turn the oiler 3 turns counter-clock-wise". The bad thing was when you counted turns instead of clicks you permanently damaged the oiler, and in many cases it simply came loose and parts fell off. That affects oil consumption...

However, yours might be right in talking about turns, but it might be something to check out. If this was what happened I think Husqvarna is treating this under warranty, have your dealer call them if he doesn't agree.

Back