576at

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike I miss that 576:cry: Glad you like it as much as I did. The modded muffler is what it is, I ran out of gas for my mig, so I just brazed it, so be careful the deflector doesn't come loose if you do use it. Wasn't expecting it to have the baffle and pipe in it, the exhausts on these saws are quite heavy and complex inside with all the plumbing.

I was afraid I wouldn't like and end up getting another xpw to use but I think I like this one better. The fuel mileage is great.

The other 576 I had the muffler was hollow. I don't know if the new one is hollow or not.

I was afraid I wouldn't like and end up getting another xpw to use but I think I like this one better. The fuel mileage is great.

The other 576 I had the muffler was hollow. I don't know if the new one is hollow or not.

I don't remember if the muffler on your 576 is hollow or not, the 575 muffler I modded had a baffle and a tube in it.

Zach if I had your number I could call you. :msp_tongue:

My 576A/T muffler is hollow it has a small baffle across the top. I have a 575 muffler and that is choked down with a baffle from top to bottom. Looks like husky did little muffler mod on the 576A/T. Make sure you keep an eye on the bottom screws mine came loose 2 months in.

I ran it some today with a 32" semi skip square stihl chain and it pulled it better than I expected. I think maclaren will have some videos up a little later so we'll see if he does.

Yeah I think they have a little more bottom than a 372xpw and right with a 046. We got a video of the 046 and 660 running with the same b/c.

I don't know how many tanks you got through it but it's on it's third in the last two days. It seems to run a while on a tank anyway.

Here's the video of it with a 32" semi skip.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wbOCfRhs5EY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's the 046 video for comparison.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KAkd_yVzhvE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I would have thought the 046 would beat it by a little more actually. It's well broken in and the 576 migth be at 2 gallons. I would think after 5 more gallons a rematch would go the other way. :msp_rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back