576at

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the modded muffler it would be close, or a tie.

I agree Andre. I think once the 576AT gets broken in, will actually be a hair or more faster than the 046. But man, that 046 was ever so sweet a saw. Those autotune's are just the cats meow.....

Here's a video from today of the 576 and 660.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/la03qiLzNjI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's a video from today of the 576 and 660.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/la03qiLzNjI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That video should say volumes about just how dang strong that 576AT really is.......:clap:

The 576 has become one of my favorites!!! That is some nasty hard wood as well, is it Hickory?

Andy, that was a Sycamore tree. Sure was mang. That 576AT is a real runner! I was so impressed with the 5.7 hp Dolmar 7300, until I ran the 576AT! That was an awesome thread you did with the 576AT/441M-Tronic BTW.

Andy, that was a Sycamore tree. Sure was mang. That 576AT is a real runner! I was so impressed with the 5.7 hp Dolmar 7300, until I ran the 576AT! That was an awesome thread you did with the 576AT/441M-Tronic BTW.

Sycamore? I wasn't there, but that doesn't look like any Sycamore I've seen. Does it get more patchy and white farther up the trunk?

Paul it was a blast running both saws. I was leaning towards the 441 for most of the testing, I just had a hard time getting over the fact the 441 sounds like a Husky. The 576 always felt better in my hands, and to me it is also better designed, but it lacked the snap of the 441. In the end the MM resolved the snap issue with the 576 and it became the winner in my mind.

Now as to the 7300 I guess that would be a close race, the 7900 on the other hand was 8 to 10% ahead of the MM 441, and was more like 14% ahead of the 576 with it's stock muffler. The 576 was pretty much equal to the 441 with a MM, so that would put it 8 to 10% behind the 7900. Remember tuning can make a huge difference when making timed cuts, and I'm very good at tuning saws and can get the best out of them.

Sycamore? I wasn't there, but that doesn't look like any Sycamore I've seen. Does it get more patchy and white farther up the trunk?

Paul it was a blast running both saws. I was leaning towards the 441 for most of the testing, I just had a hard time getting over the fact the 441 sounds like a Husky. The 576 always felt better in my hands, and to me it is also better designed, but it lacked the snap of the 441. In the end the MM resolved the snap issue with the 576 and it became the winner in my mind.

Now as to the 7300 I guess that would be a close race, the 7900 on the other hand was 8 to 10% ahead of the MM 441, and was more like 14% ahead of the 576 with it's stock muffler. The 576 was pretty much equal to the 441 with a MM, so that would put it 8 to 10% behind the 7900. Remember tuning can make a huge difference when making timed cuts, and I'm very good at tuning saws and can get the best out of them.

LOL, It was Sycamore all day long bro. And yes, it gets patchy and white. BTW, the 576AT was a good 4 seconds faster thru the hardwood log than the 7300. The 7300 and 681 (1st tank) 35 tics the 576AT 31 tics

LOL, It was Sycamore all day long bro. And yes, it gets patchy and white. BTW, the 576AT was a good 4 seconds faster thru the hardwood log than the 7300. The 7300 and 681 (1st tank) 35 tics the 576AT 31 tics

I've seen that on Sycamore's before, that's why I asked.:msp_thumbup:

Sorry Paul I love the 576, maybe more than the 7900, but it's no ware in the same league when it comes to power, and the 681 is ahead of the 7900 by a bit. Sorry but the 681 and 7300 were very badly tuned, more so with the 681. Again I'm not trying to shoot you down, but these results have been proven over and over for years now. The 046 is also ahead of the 576 and the 441CM. What's also been proven it the fact the 7300/7900 and other rev limited saws can be tricky to tune.:cheers:

Last edited:
I've seen that on Sycamore's before, that's why I asked.:msp_thumbup:

Sorry Paul I love the 576, maybe more than the 7900, but it's no ware in the same league when it comes to power, and the 681 is ahead of the 7900 by a bit. Sorry but the 681 and 7300 were very badly tuned, more so with the 681. Again I'm not trying to shoot you down, but these results have been proven over and over for years now, what's also been proven it the fact the 7300/7900 and other rev limited saws can be tricky to tune.:cheers:

The 681 was runnin a bit rich as it was on its 1st tank, but the 7300 was runnin like a top. You can check out the vids if ya like.
makes no matter to me. But the 7300 was runnin fine. Atleast me and Mike thought it was. I certainly see your point Andy. But I honestly dont think the 7300 was off that bad man. It may have been a hair rich, but nothin to really matter IMO. Now, the 681 was pig rich and prolly not the best comparison, but we did run the 681 thru there 7 times. Heck maybee your right. Seems like the 7300 would have ran as good as the 046. Maybee Mike can chime in tomorrow. I dont doubt ya Andy.

Last edited:
The 681 was runnin a bit rich as it was on its 1st tank, but the 7300 was runnin like a top. You can check out the vids if ya like.
makes no matter to me. But the 7300 was runnin fine. Atleast me and Mike thought it was.

I'm in no way saying you're trying to sway the results, or that I don't trust you, I do!!.:) I won't say the 7300 will out run the 576 I've never timed one. However the 681 should be around 20% ahead of the 576, it's not even close my friend.

here is a vid of my stock 7900 vs a stock 681 in hard ash.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x4bhKpwtgy0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You should run that 441 now, it's a hand held Grizzly! :rock:

I think the 7300 was pretty close with tuning. Those videos were all taken at a hair over 3500 ft. It's 2500 ft higher than my house. The 681 was pretty rich but didn't really want to get right on the edge for the first tank and I usually don't retune for cookie cutting anyway.

I wish the loggers with a fleet of 7900s would chime in on how they hold up in the real world of logging. I think there was one guy on here that tried a few of them, can't remember who he was....

Anyone?

Back