Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Cliff, just want to say I'm enjoying your various threads and posts on the CS-590 and related newer Echo saws. I got me one a year back and I've been MILLING with mine up to 22" wide hardwood slabs with an Alaskan Mill. This is a 60 cc saw. And running up to a 28" bar on it with a full skip chain. You aren't supposed to be able to MILL with a 60cc saw! You can! And you can run up to 28" bar on these, but I do full skip. Powermatch. Loving the newer Echos.

Now Cliff, I got one thing with youze. You have been trashing on the CS-8000 80cc older Echo! Well, I just bought me a new to me old Gray one of these to also do bigger Milling with. I think it will be fine, esp after muffler mod, but we'll see. Anyhow, wait till I do a writeup on it MILLING before you trash it too much! I've seen these be pretty amazing and just as good as any other 80 cc class saw. I chose to get one over a Pro-Mac 800 as parts are more readily available for the newer Echo. Otherwise, keep up the good work guy! - Paul, a closet fan of Cliff

Cliff,
The 590 and 600p both run a Walbro HDA 268 carb that has a semi fixed jet high circuit system. This means the fuel partially passes the side adjustment twist jet. Done for warranty purposes. The ignition on the 590 and 600 are both limited max advance 31 degrees.

USA 620 gets an HDA-316 Walbro which has the same throttle and choke bore size but a 15.8 venturi over the 15 of the 268. USA 620 also gets an unlimited ignition called slope advance but the advance profile is different. Max advance on the 620 is 39 degrees at 12k rpm.

Will the 590, 600, and 620p cylinders all interchange? Saw I wanna bump my 590 up to a 620 or I blow it up can I do it?
If you do the gearhead timing advance key, 620 carb with limiter caps removed and a muffler mod, that 590 will run really close to that 620. I bought the Partzen 620 carb for $50 off Amazon, and so far has been a good one. Bought gearhead timing advance key from traverse creek saw and salvage for $24. Bought a set of Mars rock burr bits for my dremel and did the muffler mod. That saw will scream now. I still have plenty more adjustment I could go on the carb and where it's at now not under load is 13,290 rpm.

Back