60cc Saws the "Best" general purpose saw concept proven over time? Maybe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well apparently I missed the whole point of the original question. I thought the op asked which saw; but he asked which saws. Big difference. In that case, I will take my 7910 and my 5105 with a 16" bar and do anything I need to do!!!! And yes, to Brad's point, a hot 50cc saw is hard to beat. Can't wait till the day when I can have my 5105 ported!
Hmmm I missed it too. In that case all the saw in my sig:chainsaw:

I am sure the OP just meant to start a nice thread, he wasn't asking for advice. :D

I wasn't giving advice, just saying that I thought the original question was based around only one saw but specifically said saws. I was pointing out my misinterpretation......

I am sure the OP just meant to start a nice thread, he wasn't asking for advice. :D
I am sure the respondent was just kindly adding his opinion. Not trying to get some one to back handedly tell him you don't think his opinion is worth adding.
You didn't say a thing about any of the husky variants others have kindly added but someone says anything about a non husky and you start attacking.

I am sure the respondent was just kindly adding his opinion. Not trying to get some one to back handedly tell him you don't think his opinion is worth adding.
You didn't say a thing about any of the husky variants others have kindly added but someone says anything about a non husky and you start attacking.

I wasn't attacking anyone, my point was that there wasn't a specific original question to worry about.

Other pro saws in that "family" are the 560xp and 2260, that have the power/performance of the 562xp, but without the weight and bulk penalty of it. ;)

The 560xp isn't sold in the US, but the prettier 2260 is.....
Come on Nikko. You've got to be kidding. Weight and bulk difference? They're the exact same size and what, maybe 1 oz heavier?

560xp, small bar mount and smaller air filter / lower cover. Bit lighter. Not available in the USA.

562xp, large bar mount and larger air filter / high top cover. Bit heavier.

When we are into splitting hairs, the 562 allegedly is a tad wider as well - it has a longer crank on the clutch side.

Don't ask me why it is that way! :confused:

When you have a few saws to choose from, and your going to have a day of firewood hunting or general farm cleanup...what saws do YOU put in the truck??...
If I'm spending the day doing what I see in the video (thanks very much BTW), I'd take the ms261 and ms260 with a few extra chains. The Husky 555 might get my vote for best all-purpose saw, though. Right now I'm thinning and getting rid of some big pine & oak that are sick from carpenter ants or not having enough space & light, so the ms460 is getting the most work. I like the comments about saws that most folks use to do real work.

Back