661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did someone say oil? Here's what I have on hand, with a bottle of Motul 710 on the way.

2T%20Oil%20Assortment-L.jpg

Rookie!!!

Get some BeNol and you can lose the rookie status.

klotz.jpg

stihl 036 cylinder.jpg Stihl 036 piston.jpg
036. I think this is the original muffler so I'm not sure what type of oil the original owner used. Keith rebuilt this one for me and I've been using 800 ever since. Last I checked it was tuned around 13,900. Same saw where the spark plug pic came from earlier.

I have some Fluke EGT probes, and thermocouple devices ................. I have the washer with the K type attached to it, and the radiator hose clamp style. Also have the AutoMeter EGT probe and 1/8" fitting along with many Fluke meters

I dont see a viable way of testing more than 1 muffler. I would have to weld the weldolet to a muffler and use the EGT probe from AutoMeter, with a seperate 12vdc power source.

I have a 16" wand with a K type at the end that I thought about tapping to the handlebar ...................

If there were a way to mount it reliably to different saws I might try testing it out

Motul 800 will smoke and produce more odor than K2, it's not even close. 710 produces very little smoke, but the smell is somewhat strong. I honestly don't know why people keep saying K2 smells off and produces more smoke than some other oils, it simply Does not!! I will say H1R produces the least smell and smoke, but again it messes with the running and tuning characteristics.
Ok thanks. It's a tough call on which one then. I'll see how snelling likes 710.

bought a liter of K2 for "work" and personal use it was about 15 bucks out the door.

One reason I like K2 and I've aid it before is the color of it when mixed. (Also it has real no strong smell to me anyways. H1R and Stihl Ultra have strong smell but I can withstand H1R unlike Ultra)

It is always nice when a customer says "you were the last one to work on my saw and now it's seized!!!! It's all your fault." Then they claim it's "your fuel"

Funny when it has awfully blond looking fuel in there..... needless to say they either admit they are sorry for yelling at you, or they just leave all mad when they are proved wrong.

Speaking of smell I had a MS 180 come in today that was flooded and they guy said "You will never get it started". A few pulls later it popped and ran lol. He was using The Stihl orange bottle oil and man did my eyes burn forever after he left. hahaah

Attachments

• 10502332_717295901652570_6519849580422755515_n.jpg
    10502332_717295901652570_6519849580422755515_n.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 17
Im thinking everyones opinions on this one says this oil has more odor or smokes more or this and that has to do with the fuel used also. I run Sunoco Standard 110 and 87 efree cut 50/50 for 98.5 octane. R50 and h1r both had way less odor when using the race fuel. The fuel itself in a storage container when opened is far less offensive than pump gas

The only 2 that bother me are Stihl Ultra and Klotz. Ultra makes my head pound and Klotz makes nauseous. Klotz only gets to me if its right under my nose like in OPE, i've used it in my MX bike and its ok.

I think some others i've used stink but they don't have any effect on me. Lucas i couldn't really smell at all and the Maxima's smell good to me.

Even after 'some' testing that gave 'some' facts it seems everyone is still buying into the same problems associated with 100% ester based full synthetics. Chaning the bottle brand is like switching cola soda brands and expecting to loose wieght. Why not try somthing different if you are seeking different results. As l said over 100 pages ago 'the few advantages of full synthetics are diminished by its disadvantages. lf you can't sleep at night without man made perfect molecules of lubrication in you chainsaw try a semi synth.

Im thinking everyones opinions on this one says this oil has more odor or smokes more or this and that has to do with the fuel used also. I run Sunoco Standard 110 and 87 efree cut 50/50 for 98.5 octane. R50 and h1r both had way less odor when using the race fuel. The fuel itself in a storage container when opened is far less offensive than pump gas
I agree. I use 110 octane racing fuel with 32:1 Motul 800 off-road with no foul odors and no smoke. It burns super clean and my piston and rings are always coated with oil after use. Mix those two together and you'll think you made a pina colada.

Latest posts

Back