661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 seconds is a huge difference in time. So much so, a stock saws running 50:1 should be out cutting, or with ported saws running 32:1. I have not seen this.
I have to agree 100%

I'm thinking a regular carb saw without a limited coil, may be a better test subject. I have the saws and fuel mix.
Could be that the M-Tronic didnt have enough cut time to respond to the changed mix. Stihl says to make 5 uniform cuts after initiating the reset procedure. Maybe the reset procedure could have been done each time the mix was changed and the 661 might have run differently.

I'm thinking this has more to do with the Mtronic system, maybe a restricted exhaust. Or I completely wrong lol.
IIRC, he did open the exhaust some ........... maybe not as much as he could have, but I dont believe the outlet was stock

Redbull had lots of work to do this, and I am not taking away anything from his efforts, but there are lots of variables to this ....... its easy to play Monday morning quarterback after watching Sundays game in the comfy livingroom chair. I certainly didnt go out and run the tests Redbull did, and me arse does feel comfy when I am in my chair

I might try 40:1 in stock OPE, but I like my wet exhaust 32:1 pretty good in my hopped up stuff

Think the higher compression making more heat likes the richer oil mixture ?
Probably so. The better seal will transfer more heat some is hotter or cooler on the cylinder better?

Doesn't the richer oil mixture than 2% cause the piston top and the spark plug dark as a coal cellar, and the muffler outlet dripping of oil?
Does the AutoTune/M-Tronic minimizes the carbon build-up, even with oil mixtures at 1:40 & 1:33?
Not really. Maybe with stihl orange bottle or gas station 2 stroke oil.

3 seconds is a huge difference in time. So much so, a stock saws running 50:1 should be out cutting, or with ported saws running 32:1. I have not seen this.

I'm thinking a regular carb saw without a limited coil, may be a better test subject. I have the saws and fuel mix.
I wondered if the mtronic is the biggest factor. I tested 110 and 93 octane using the 550xp and it took 20 cuts or longer to get it to run and idle right on the 110.

Im surprised this thread hasn't hit 50 pages by now
KJT; I read up on your MAX 927, and Lucas oils. Will give Lucas a try, but not the 927. Why?; because of the sweet aroma. Used a sweet smelling bio-degradable bar oil once, and the Honey Bees got so bad I had to put the saw down. Took me a while to access the situation, as they were all over my saw.

Ok after reading all this i decided to go back to Motul 800(i was gonna use Maxima K2 but didn't have enough) @ 40:1 after using Lucas 32:1 for about 6 months. After a few gallons i'm sure the internals of my saws are well covered in oil, so are my clutch covers and mufflers. I didn't realize how much it spooged i assume its from the 525° flash point so all the oil isn't burning off because a chain saw just don't get that hot so its blowing it out the muffler. While these race oils don't leave deposits they leave a mess. IMO they're just overkill for a chain saw, so this fuel will go in my dirt bike can and its back to Lucas for my saws.

Yes i retuned them after the switch and even my AutoTune saws had a wet black goo. I never really noticed the amount of goo before when i used race oils but i do now. The Lucas left the inside of my mufflers slightly wet with oil but it didn't run down the mufflers and all over the clutch cover on my top handles.

Ok after reading all this i decided to go back to Motul 800(i was gonna use Maxima K2 but didn't have enough) @ 40:1 after using Lucas 32:1 for about 6 months. After a few gallons i'm sure the internals of my saws are well covered in oil, so are my clutch covers and mufflers. I didn't realize how much it spooged i assume its from the 525° flash point so all the oil isn't burning off because a chain saw just don't get that hot so its blowing it out the muffler. While these race oils don't leave deposits they leave a mess. IMO they're just overkill for a chain saw, so this fuel will go in my dirt bike can and its back to Lucas for my saws.

Yes i retuned them after the switch and even my AutoTune saws had a wet black goo. I never really noticed the amount of goo before when i used race oils but i do now.
U have me confused. Motul 800t id a dirtbike oil also?

Whats confusing Keith? I mixed 5 gallons of fuel with 800 2T for my saws and after using 2 gallons i decided to use the rest in my dirt bike. I will just keep using Lucas for my saws like i was.

Oh ok. I misread. I thought u said u were goin back to motul
I was going to and decided to just stay with Lucas after the goo ......or maybe try K2 again, the flash point is 240 so its more than half that of 800. IDK you guys get me thinkin' [emoji23]

Back