661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which is why you guys get better gains out of say....a 346 than you do a 550, because they can be leaned out to the edge but yet stock for stock a 550 is a little stronger.
A ported 550 will nip right at the heals of a 346. I'm not saying MTronic runs rich. That was more of a question, or a possibility as to what you're seeing.

well I can try 50:1 vs 32:1 and do the reset thingy on the 661 and see what happens. Someone gotta buy some of these chains though so I can keep this testing going.

I could also do the 660 and do 50:1 vs 32:1

You're wasting your time young man.

More oil has been proven to make more power in tests that are far more scientific than anything you are doing here.

A ported 550 will nip right at the heals of a 346. I'm not saying MTronic runs rich. That was more of a question, or a possibility as to what you're seeing.
Its possible. And i could've played with the tune on the 201T a little more but i didn't.

We're all just guessing in the dark here. The last though I have on this, is how goofy H1R behaves, I had to open up th H speed jet on my 346 almost a full turn, when I went from running K2. I've never had to do that running any other oil. A full turn would definitely be a lot for the Mtronic system to adjust in a timely manner. IMHO this really has little if anything to do with the oil fuel ratio itself. It simply doesn't add up, and is out of line with the years of timing saw and comparing them, at gtg's or on my own time.

You're wasting your time young man.

More oil has been proven to make more power in tests that are far more scientific than anything you are doing here.
Thats what Im saying. Too many variable in each cut to claim one ratio is faster than another. Proof would be a dyno. :rock2:

We're all just guessing in the dark here. The last though I have on this, is how goofy H1R behaves, I had to open up th H speed jet on my 346 almost a full turn, when I went from running K2. I've never had to do that running any other oil. A full turn would definitely be a lot for the Mtronic system to adjust in a timely manner. IMHO this really has little if anything to do with the oil fuel ratio itself. It simply doesn't add up, and is out of line with the years of timing saw and comparing them, at gtg's or on my own time.
What does that tell you besides don't use the crap?

It would be a tough to do on a dyno even.
Yes I believe so too.

How about this for a new test... why not pick one oil at one set ratio but vary the grades of gas. Do say 40:1 of your choice and mix 89, 91, 93 and then test it against some canned fuel...? :surprised3::chainsaw:

well I can try 50:1 vs 32:1 and do the reset thingy on the 661 and see what happens. Someone gotta buy some of these chains though so I can keep this testing going.

I could also do the 660 and do 50:1 vs 32:1
104Dl of RS in .404 @ .063 ................ what do you want for them ?

Latest posts

Back