661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The biggest mess was on my 201T, possibly because it never really gets real hot. It gets started and makes a 30 second cut and then gets shut off for a few and restarted for another 30 second and so on all day. I guess it just comes down to preference and i prefer not to have all the goo.

I have no idea how the transfer ports are laid out, all my saws are stock other than muffler mods and some with advanced timing. Maybe that has something to do with? Maybe not. I can't tune my Autotune saws and i doubt my top handles get hot enough for the 525° flash point. Maybe its better when making long bucking cuts or milling??

I had a very interesting conversation about this thread with one of my senior techs. he has been a stihl tech for 20yrs., and a lawn and garden mechanic since i was a little tyke running around the shop. he has very strong relationship with a few people at Va. Beach. he says when they first started pushing ultra and testing/running m-tronic they quickly learned a few things. most importantly, m-tron is/was engineered/designed to perform best and give the longest engine life @ 50-1. specifically on the 441 carb vs. the 441 m-tron, the engine life was no less than 30% longer. not sure where the ms280 came into the picture,as it was definately before the 441c. he also said that while ultra is bottled by an outside vendor, it is designed to give the best performance/service life at 50-1. stihl cool-aid or not, who knows?

here is more fuel for the fire. answer this: temp today was 45 degrees, ran the 241c, 261c and the 2260/2253 at 40-1 ultra and e-free gas. the stihls' ran ok, and the jonsereds ran just ok, but seemed to stumble a little, maybe even hesitate. none of the saws were a 100%. dumped all the gas, switched everthing to moto-mix, all saws ran like scalded dogs. it was like a night and day difference. what is the deal? do the new m-tron/autotune saws really like 50-1 better?? i would to like to know. all i know is from now on it will be moto-mix in all saws.

here is more fuel for the fire. answer this: temp today was 45 degrees, ran the 241c, 261c and the 2260/2253 at 40-1 ultra and e-free gas. the stihls' ran ok, and the jonsereds ran just ok, but seemed to stumble a little, maybe even hesitate. none of the saws were a 100%. dumped all the gas, switched everthing to moto-mix, all saws ran like scalded dogs. it was like a night and day difference. what is the deal? do the new m-tron/autotune saws really like 50-1 better?? i would to like to know. all i know is from now on it will be moto-mix in all saws.
Fuel could be stale or bad. I've had a couple gallons of gas I had to toss out. It wouldn't run in any saws.

Whats confusing Keith? I mixed 5 gallons of fuel with 800 2T for my saws and after using 2 gallons i decided to use the rest in my dirt bike. I will just keep using Lucas for my saws like i was.
I'm going with Lucas, but not as heavy mix as you are mixing. Somewhere between 42:1 -> 50:1. I only use my saws around the ranch.:yes:

Latest posts

Back