661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did you even watch the video? you can do the times your self! yes I umm watched the videos 3 x each and screwed up the times by 7 seconds. LOL!

the wood! LOL then there is no point to this at all. That is why I did 1 cut each and also used two logs. So both logs showed the same results, yet it's not reliable. HAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAHA If the wood changed that much, we wouldn't even have cutting contests at all.
The fact that you think this test is anything other than a goat rodeo is funny..
So your timer is a eyecrometer.....perfect..no variable there.. and this is just for starters..

Not sure why everyone gets so emotional over oil..... just don't think it is really that big of a deal.... run whatever you want if it works for you. The saws with the failures.... I really don't think anyone sends them out for an actual failure analysis or scientific evaluation. It's usually.... must have been the : (Pick whatever fits your personal agenda) Too much oil, not enough oil, synthetic oil, conventional oil, too rich, too lean, crop circles, zinc, low vitamin D, chain too tight , bar too long ( you cant run a short enough bar by the way), outboard clutch, inboard clutch, wrong orange color, blah blah blah with pretty much no effort to try any real analysis. At least redbull has actually put some effort into coming up with some actual testing and has contributed results. 7 seconds by just changing the mix ratio is a huge difference. There are not THAT many variables changed in that short amount of time.....if he were to perform the same tests again or have someone else replicate those tests and have a similar result, I would say that is pretty definitive.
BTW, my 026 has ran the last 16-17 years with Stihl conventional oil at 50:1 with fuel with ethanol in it with Stabil..... is stored wet this way. Have never had it not start, original fuel lines, never rebuilt the carb, runs perfect to this day ( actually, all my outside power equipment is left wet with ethanol and stabil.... NONE HAS EVER HAD A FUEL RELATED PROBLEM IN THE LAST 20 YEARS.......doesn't seem that odd to me and the results speak for themselves. Maybe all the newer saws are just junk.....sure hope my 461 lasts like my 026 has, that is what I expect, of course what do all those OEM engineers who test the OEM oils know about oil and testing longevity of their power equipment????.... I'd go with a bunch of guys working on chainsaws out their garden shed any day of the week... Bwwaaahaahaa.....

That's all ya got to discredit me huh?

Well please enlighten us all with your expertise and conduct the proper test to solve this oil mix problem of the ages once and for all.
You discredit yourself better than I ever could.
how about the Mtronic response time variable?
You really believe that 1.5 more ounces of oil per gallon of fuel is the contributing factor here?

You discredit yourself better than I ever could.
how about the Mtronic response time variable?
You really believe that 1.5 more ounces of oil per gallon of fuel is the contributing factor here?
If the amount of oil change is such a small variable, then the M-tronic should also not have to adjust very much and should be a very small variable also... yes?

Yes, because they would jive with previous peer reviewed research.
Peer reviewed RESEARCH.......haaahaaahhaa, is that the guy with the "cleaner woodshed" or not so cluttered Charlie Foxtrot work bench doing that Scientific testing on his computer controlled Dynamometer like they have at Virginia Beach.....

Latest posts

Back